Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Richardson looking to contribute this season off redshirt year

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Tevin Richardson readily admits that he thought he would play last season at Kentucky. He was ranked as the 12th best overall player in South Carolina in 2014 and 72nd best receiver in the class by ESPN.

"My redshirt year was not too bad. I came in with the mindset I would play, but things happen. I just had to work through it," said the 6-3, 215-pound receiver.

He's apparently making his mark in preseason camp as receivers coach Lamar Thomas said Friday both Richardson and Jabari Greenwood, another redshirt freshmen, are pushing for starting spots.

Richadson said his redshirt season let him improve his route running and becoming tougher catching the football.

"I went against the best corners in the SEC (in practice), maybe in college football. That helped me a lot with my craft," Richardson said. "It ain't hard, but it is difficult because there are all great players out there. Ain't nothing easy here and I learned that.

"It is fun going against our cornerbacks. They are big, fast, long and they can cover. And they can hit. That's all a corner needs. But we are very competitive. I love going against them.

"I just want to make plays and do anything the coaches or players need me to do. I am just trying to help the team win."
  • KSR Twitter Feed