Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Calipari connects with Joe B. Hall

By LARRY VAUGHT

There are a lot of reasons that former Kentucky All-American Jack Givens likes current Kentucky coach John Calipari.

"One of the first things he did when he came here is that he went to coach Joe B. Hall and asked what do I need to do to be successful and what do I need to know to really expect here at Kentucky," said Givens.

Of course, Givens played for Hall and helped Kentucky win the 1978 national title.

"He made coach Hall felt relevant again and that is important for a guy about to turn 80 or so. He took it right to coach Hall," Givens said. "Whether he listened to a word or not from coach Hall, for coach Hall it meant the world.

"Only thing coach Hall tried to talk into that he didn't buy was playing that 1-3-1 zone that we did. Coach Cal is not a zone guy, but even at times I think it would be a good thing just like coach Hall does."
    Comments 1 Comment
      Bakert -
      See! I've been telling you guys!!
  • KSR Twitter Feed