Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kidd-Gilchrist joking about football

By LARRY VAUGHT

If there is one person I am sure would never deliberately insult any University of Kentucky athlete. That's why I hope everyone understands Kidd-Gilchrist was joking Saturday when some took offense at what he said about UK's new $45 million football training facility.

Kidd-Gilchrist, a starter on UK's 2012 national championship team who now plays for the Charlotte Hornets, was in Lexington to participate in the UK’s SkillZ and DrillZ Camp for boys and girls ages 7-17.

During his media conference, which he ended by shaking hands with media members, Kidd-Gilchrist talked about the changes on the UK campus, including the football practice facility.

“It’s crazy,” he said. “And I’m very, very jealous, like we didn’t get a new (basketball) facility here. I really, really don’t understand that. I really don’t understand that one.”

He said he didn't want to even see the new facility?

Why not?

“I’m not a fan of … football?," he said.

No, I was not at the press conference. I did watch the video -- several times -- of what he said. No way was he serious because that's just not his nature.
    Comments 1 Comment
      Jeeepcat -
      I thought JD Harmon's tweet was a bit "catty" LOL
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post