Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Oscar Combs, Kentucky hero, destroys Dakich

By LARRY VAUGHT

Anyone who follows my blog or Twitter knows that I am no fan of Dan Dakich, the former Indiana player and college coach who now is an ESPN college basketball analyst.

But his true passion in life is making fun of UK basketball and trying to bully those who disagree with him.

Saturday night he was at it again on Twitter on took on Oscar Combs, the Cats' Pause founder and man who knows as much about UK basketball as anyone alive.
    Dakich had tweets like this directed at Combs after Combs pointed out the way Tyler Ulis -- a player Dakich constantly criticized -- had another big NBA summer league game:

"Oscar, all the corruption you've seen and ur bothering me w Summer League hoops? Oh how the mighty have fallen."

He took another big shot at UK with this tweet: "Summer league..yes #BBN you have my approval..And UK will put Felons jersey from an Elite 8 team in the Rafters..#richiefarmeris unforgettable"

Sunday Combs fired back at Dakich, much to the delight of UK fans.

Tweet one: "First, you're a very entertaining & usually knowledgeable TV analyst. You got that going for you. And I watch often."

Tweet two: "Having said that, you were so childish in way you responded to fans' criticism directed to you about T. Ulis. You were so wrong."

Tweet three: "Yes, I have witnessed probation. I have not seen a UK coach use a whip or choke a player or toy with a blank pistol at a reporter."

Tweet four: "Joe Hall lost his first 4 against IU/Bob Knight & General loved Joe. After UK waxed IU 8 of last 12 during JH era, BK bellyached."

Tweet five: "Remember you scoring a FT against UK in your frosh year. Never scored another point against UK again. Was terribly disappointed."

Tweet six: "In fact, after checking the record book, looks like you never got off IU bench in a UK-IU game again. That can't be true, can it?"

Tweet seven: "Oh, BTW, have you ever met Kelvin Sampson? Seems like I remember you spending time with him at IU when NCAA arrived in 2008."

Tweet eight: "To set record straight, I'm one of those who want to see UK-IU series back on track. It was good for college hoops. Can still be."

Tweet nine: "Yes, the mighty have fallen. Just not in Lexington. Remember you bringing some kids to Rupp a few years ago. Bet they loved it."

Again, not sure which of Oscar's tweets that BBN fans liked the best, but doubt there was a more popular person in Kentucky today than my friend and mentor Oscar Combs. Just another reason he should have a jersey hanging in the Rupp Arena rafters.
    Comments 9 Comments
      PedroDaGr8 -
      Ol' Dan putting the dick in Dakich.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
      MickintheHam -
      I'm not much for smack talk, but I bet Dackich suffers from ED.
      Doc -
      Don't let him fool you, if any IU player was doing anything in the summer league, he would be watching it. Unfortunately for him, all they have is Noah Vonleh.

Another funny aspect is his reference to "felons" (in Dakick's tweets) which is interesting considering all the drunk driving and players getting run over by other players who are drunk that happens in Bloomington.
      uklandrn -
      Dakich is such a tool I don't even have him on my radar anymore. It takes more effort to hate him than to ignore him.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by uklandrn View Post
      Dakich is such a tool I don't even have him on my radar anymore. It takes more effort to hate him than to ignore him.
      Wise.
      Hoss -
      Quote Originally Posted by uklandrn View Post
      I need to adopt that philosophy with him!

I hate him so much, I actually think I would punch him in the throat if I ever saw him in person...no lie...
      badrose -
      He's just a punk. Not even relevant.
      suncat05 -
      Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
      He's just a punk. Not even relevant.
      Kinda like his "Daddy", Bobby Knight!
      ShoesSwayedBlue -
      Oscar busted him up like kindling.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post