Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Briscoe, team has Willis' back

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Sophomore Isaiah Briscoe plans to do all he can to support senior teammate Derek Willis after his arrest for alcohol intoxication over the weekend.

“What happened with Derek, that’s him,. That’s personal to him. I still have his back 100 percent. I’m sure the whole team does also," said Briscoe.

Kentucky coach John Calipari has never been one to make rash decisions about player discipline and has yet to make a public statement about this. Willis did come back to Lexington after being released from jail in Boone County Sunday morning to tell the UK coaching staff about the incident.

Briscoe said teammates like Willis and that the senior is one of his favorite teammates.

"I don’t think nobody ever had a problem with him. He made a mistake. He has to deal with it. It’s fine, and I still got his back," Briscoe said.

So does Willis' girlfriend, Keely Potts.

After video from a police cam was released Wednesday in connection with Willis' arrest, here's what she posted on Twitter: "I love my boyfriend. And I will stand behind him through ANY and EVERYthing thrown our way."
  • KSR Twitter Feed