Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Thomas: Good receivers want the ball all the time

By LARRY VAUGHT

Kentucky receivers coach Lamar Thomas was a big-time receiver at Miami (Fla.) and in the NFL. He knows how to talk the talk and walk the walk to back it up.

Some football analysts believe that college football receivers need to be divas to be special. Does Thomas agree?

"I believe the word diva is what media and outside people say. The good ones, they want the ball all the time. They want that attention and what comes along with being a great player. At Miami, we were playmakers and the reason people came and put their butts in the seats was to see us play," Thomas said.

"I tell these guys that is why people come. They want to see us do well. But you have to do well."

He cited an example during spring practice when a receiver told him he missed a pass because he could not see due to the sun.

"I told him the media and fans were not going to say the sun was in his eye. They are going to say he dropped the ball, so I need for you to catch that ball," Thomas said.
    Comments 3 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      Love the attitude, and the message he is sending. Thanks very much Larry V.
      kingcat -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      Love the attitude, and the message he is sending. Thanks very much Larry V.
      Thanks Larry.

Dan I hope the staff accepts the same responsibility and takes their message to heart. No excuses.
      "it happens" won't fly as an excuse for poor sideline coaching

"I told him the media and fans were not going to say the sun was in his eye. They are going to say he dropped the ball, so I need for you to catch that ball,"
      Terry Blue -
      I will be very happ if our wrs can make most of the routine plays and catches
  • KSR Twitter Feed