Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Carter-Trent package deal good for Duke--or Kentucky

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Wendell Carter Jr. likely is the No. 1 prospect in the 2017 recruiting class and had justified that with 30 points, 16 rebounds and five blocked shots in a recent matchup with DeAndre Ayton, the No. 2 player in the 2017 class.

Carter and Gary Trent Jr. have talked openly about a package deal in college and over the weekend Carter told SNY.tv that they definitely will go to college together.

That could be good -- or bad -- for Kentucky since Duke and UK seem to be the two major players for the package deal.

The 6-10 Carter said it would be "great" to go to Duke and Trent has seemed to make it clear Duke is at the top of his list.

However, here's the good part for Kentucky that Carter told SNY.tv.

"Kentucky would be higher for me," Carter Jr. said. "They are known for getting players to the NBA, that's what they do best."

And never underestimate what that could mean when it comes decision day.
    Comments 7 Comments
      anderwt -
      There is no doubt in my mind that UK is getting played IMO. This feels like Giles/Bolden type deal. He will be the Duke recruit that goes on the visits and tries to recruit for Duke...
      UKRxman93 -
      I hate to agree but unless I see something that shows genuine interest I don't believe for one second he's interested in UK. I agree with anderwt.
      GhettoBird -
      The good news, if we believe he is playing us then I am sure the coaches do also.
      Darrell KSR -
      I even typoed the subject line, thinking about Duke....sigh.
      Hoss -
      Definitely on a wait and see with this one...
      bigsky -
      Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
      There is no doubt in my mind that UK is getting played IMO. This feels like Giles/Bolden type deal. He will be the Duke recruit that goes on the visits and tries to recruit for Duke...
      Agree
      catmanjack -
      Agree this has the feel of another Duke slap UK and Cal.
  • KSR Twitter Feed