Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Davonte Robinson Misses Getting in on State Championship

Davonte Robinson’s Henry Clay track and field teammates won the KHSAA State Championship and he was shelved with a leg injury. Robinson is an outstanding sprinter but likely would not have won the sprint events because Paul Laurence Dunbar’s Will Allen broke the 100M dash record set by world class sprinter Tyson Gay.

“Robinson sustained the injury in the Transylvania Meet,” father of Davonte, Derek Robinson said. An MRI revealed a sports hernia that is surgically repaired in Philadelphia. His wasn’t bad enough to need surgery. Robinson is scheduled to report to UK for summer on June 6th for his physical and is expected to be physically sound. Robinson 6-foot-2, 193-pounds has been timed at 10.7 in the 100M and electrically timed in the 40-yard dash at 4.32.

Robinson affectionately known as a “Baller” by UK defensive coordinator D. J. Eliot will be spending the summer with the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach Corey Edmonds and his top assistant Mark Hill. The young man could easily qualify for the Army All-American game if he had chosen to attend a certain combine and camp but he wants to spend all his time preparing to compete in a loaded secondary for playing time. Those events are located in Chicago, Illinois and St. Louis, Missouri.

He said he has been preparing for this since he was in the sixth grade, a dream to be the best. He trainer Willie B. Ray is the Degreed and Certified owner of Lexington-based No Limits training facility. He also train Davonte’s older brother DeQuan. Ray said – “I have a four day a week regimen – Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.” This entails flexibility, lower body, explosion, and speed, simply described. Ray said – “After sitting down with Coach Ed (Edmonds) I was amazed how much my regimen paralleled his. The only difference was his is five day a week as opposed to four days. Davonte is fully recovered from the ‘sports hernia’ and ready to go full speed with his intense work ethic.” Ray incorporated in his regimen, boxing. Reason being the development of hand speed, hand eye coordination, and lateral movement. It keeps everything in tight. It has some mix-martial art concepts.

What Edmonds has instore for Robinson shouldn’t come as a surprise? And in addition to that neither should he lack any motivation when he see what Edmonds recently alluded to. He said when the players look at their teammates and see what they are competing against they tend to want to get busy. “It makes my job easier,” with a big smile, Edmonds said.

Comments 4 Comments
      blueboss -
      Secondary? He needs to be returning punts and kick offs.... Oh but wait, we'd need a special teams coach to make that happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      dan_bgblue -
      I heard they were going to bulk him up to about 240 and play him at outside backer
      LonnyDemaree -
      That's a good observation because his dad saiid they has 225-pouinds in mind. But I thought they were thinking a big hard hitting safety.
      dan_bgblue -
      Quote Originally Posted by LonnyDemaree View Post
      That's a good observation because his dad saiid they has 225-pouinds in mind. But I thought they were thinking a big hard hitting safety.
      Your source is much better than mine. The 225 weight is much more realistic and if he has the instincts for playing safety, he could be a force there.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post