Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• UK men's basketball to play Hofstra at Barclays Center December 11

** From UK **

UK-Hofstra game part of the 2016 Brooklyn Hoops Winter Festival

BROOKLYN, N.Y. – Kentucky men’s basketball will make the second of two trips to New York for the 2016-17 season when it plays Hofstra on Dec. 11 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. The matchup will be the first game of the 2016 Brooklyn Hoops Winter Festival doubleheader. LIU Brooklyn vs. St. John’s will follow the UK-Hofstra game.

The Wildcats will also appear in New York at Madison Square Garden for its Champions Classic matchup vs. Michigan State on Nov. 15.

Kentucky’s 2016 visit to the Barclays Center will be its fourth game in the arena since it opened in 2012. The Wildcats are 2-1 in the building.

“We are very excited to return to the Barclays Center this upcoming season to play Hofstra,” UK head coach John Calipari said. “The Barclays Center is one of the premier venues in the country and a favorite of our fans. This will be our fourth game in Barclays since it opened, and all three previous games the Big Blue Nation has made it feel like a home away from home. We expect the same this year.”

Individual tickets will go on sale in September. For group tickets, please call 800-GROUP-BK. For more information on individual suites, please call 718-BK-SUITE.

The meeting will mark a first for both Kentucky and Hofstra. Calipari has never faced Hofstra during his coaching career either.
    Comments 8 Comments
      Krank -
      We couldn't do better than Hofstra for a neutral court like Barclay's?

And, no, St. John's wouldn't have been any better.
      UKFlounder -
      Another good game n Rupp would have been nice too. We don't need 2 games in New York, but not a huge deal
      Krank -
      Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
      Another good game n Rupp would have been nice too. We don't need 2 games in New York, but not a huge deal
      Agreed.

Hey, maybe Hofstra's worth a poop in Central Park. Damned if I can recall if they were any good amongst their mid-major brethren.
      Doc -
      A game in a nice city to reward fans is always welcome by fans like myself. I relish the opportunity to see UK play and games like this offer that opportunity, and I'd much rather go to NYC than Indy or Atlanta or St Louis. NYC is easy access for anybody due to airlines, plenty of hotels, etc....

As for the opponent, could it be better? Sure but we have enough UNC-CH, UL and KS types. Its not some multi-directional "state" school.
      UKFlounder -
      That's fine, but we already have the Michigan State game there. Why add another? Didn't we play OSU there last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      A game in a nice city to reward fans is always welcome by fans like myself. I relish the opportunity to see UK play and games like this offer that opportunity, and I'd much rather go to NYC than Indy or Atlanta or St Louis. NYC is easy access for anybody due to airlines, plenty of hotels, etc....

As for the opponent, could it be better? Sure but we have enough UNC-CH, UL and KS types. Its not some multi-directional "state" school.
      dtalbersjr -
      This one's a head scratcher. We'd better be getting a massive check, which is hard to imagine giving the 4 teams playing.
      Doc -
      That's fine, but we already have the Michigan State game there. Why add another? Didn't we play OSU there last year?
      Champions classic is in Madison Square Garden so its a different venue although same city. But at least its not Indianapolis! Some might say Brooklyn and Manhattan are two different cities altogether. Were it up to me, I'd have voted to go back to Miami or even Stuart FL.
      CitizenBBN -
      I have a feeling the UK turnout will not be very strong for this one with MSU already in New York. Easier ticket options for Barclay's and Hofstra, but two NY games in one season?

Cal likes playing in New York, clearly thinks it has advantages, but two games seems a bit odd.
  • KSR Twitter Feed