Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Wesley Woodyard giving back through "Changing Lives One Play at a Time" Camp

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Wesley Woodyard loves giving back to others and will again for three days in May in Lexington.

The highest will be a golf scramble fundraiser at the University Club May 23 for 16Ways Foundation. The foundation's goal is to primarily work with at-risk youth between the ages of 8 and 18 with a secondary focus on adults in employment transition.

But it's obvious Woodyard, the former UK linebacker who now plays for the Tennessee Titans, is even more excited about his May 21 Changing Lives One Play at a Time Camp from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Bryan Station High School for youth 8-14. It is for both football players and cheerleaders.

The football camp will feature basic offensive and defensive skills taught by professional football players, high school and little league coaches, and collegiate athletes. The camp will consist of Q & A session with NFL players and certified fitness trainers; the camp will also highlight the importance of working together and taking a pledge against bullying.

The cheerleading camp will feature basic cheerleading skills including motions, technique, chants and jumps. The camp will also highlight the importance of working as a team and taking a pledge against bullying. The kids will have a chance to perform their new routine on the same day.

The Friday Night Lights event will be a night of information and motivation for campers and their parents on May 20. There will also be a clinic for all coaches and volunteers.

"It is an exciting weekend for me," Woodyard said. "I want everyone to know about my foundation."

He is a co-founder of the foundation along with his cousin, Derrick Kelley.

For more information or to register for the golf event, go to http://www.16ways.org/home.html.
  • KSR Twitter Feed