Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Keenan Burton's 2016 Team Summation the Essence of Humility

By: LONNY DEMAREE

Former standout Wildcat wide receiver Keenan Burton stated based on a couple of closed scrimmages and the spring game, there is more talent on this addition of Wildcats than on the 2006-07 team. On that team he was thought to be the best receiver until at the opening season press conference he convey to the media that he was not the best receiver on the team. And that junior college transfer Steve Johnson was the best. This revelation is somewhat out of character for a quality player or former quality player. I found that statement profound and humble. Why? Because at that time it was customary and accepted for this writer to attend summer afternoon team 7 on 7 drills and at times competition against of surrounding colleges. That summer previous to the aforementioned presser I spotted the outstanding abilities of Steve Johnson. So even though most of the other media members were taken aback I understood the Burton revelation. So this is why his statement about this team was not 'drinking the Kool-Aid.' Now go off saying Lonny said the Cats are going to have a great season because there is yet a lot of work to do to where this talent translates into wins.
    Comments 7 Comments
      suncat05 -
      Thanks for the view from the other side, Lonny.
      Terry Blue -
      You,re just telling the truth Mayor
      A blind man could see out depth of talent is growing. No one knows howany wins we,ll get
      ShoesSwayedBlue -
      It's obvious to anyone who isn't biased by their Mitch hate that there is more talent 1-85 at UK since at least the Curci days. Getting Elam into shape, having Pringle ready and QB, LT play are the keys.
      Terry Blue -
      Mitch hate is now isolated to an anemic few. They,ll probably build a statue for him when he retires. Pretty much flawless compliance record, overall athletic program by a mile better than ever, facilities grown at a record clip even though hamstrung by archaic rules of having to get state approval even when we have the money, one of the biggest revenue programs in the country, even bigger than the world,s greatest at UL where they sell liquor at athletic contests like we sell popcorn. Having a consistent winning football program will be the last jewel in the crown, insuring that statue
      Doc -
      Hence the problem. The talent is there. It was there last year too, or at least better talent than 5-7. NOW LIVE UP TO THE TALENT
      ShoesSwayedBlue -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      Hence the problem. The talent is there. It was there last year too, or at least better talent than 5-7. NOW LIVE UP TO THE TALENT
      Can't disagree with that. It's time to get over the hump.
      Terry Blue -
      I would agree, we underachieved last year. I can think of 8 teams off the top of my head that wr,ll play this year where we should have equal or better talent. All 4 non conference including UL,Vamdy, Mizzo, SC, ok thay,s 7
  • KSR Twitter Feed