Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Twitter death threat "horrific" for Killeya-Jones family

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Ley Killeya-Jones says the death threat made against her son, Kentucky basketball signee Sacha Killeya-Jones, on Twitter was "horrific" and she hopes no other parent has to endure something like that.

The threat was posted in response to a picture Sacha Killeya-Jones posted on Twitter during the McDonald's All-American Game with UK's other signees. They were giving the "L's Down" to show their feeling already about the Kentucky-Louisville rivalry.

That prompted some anticipated angry remarks from Louisville fans that Ley understood, but not the death threat. She happened to see it when she checked her son's Twitter account.

"A lot of people were just mad. The things you expect in a general response," Ley said. "Then I saw the one tweet. I was shocked. I was just blown away."

She notified law enforcement about the threat and the person who posted the message was identified.

"We decided not to press charges," Ley said.

Her son did not want the matter going to court, but Ley said the charges remain open for a year in case the person does anything like that again.

The family lives in North Carolina even though Sacha goes to a private school in Virginia. Ley says most of those she works with are not huge basketball fans.

"I don't hear anything really negative about Sacha going to Kentucky. I don't get any negative responses," she said. "Our youngest son goes to a school that is 80 percent North Carolina fans. He's actually a Duke fan, so he deals more with that than his brother going to Kentucky. In fact, his friends love the fact Sacha is going to Kentucky."
    Comments 1 Comment
      Doc -
      Every school has a segment of idiots, yes even UK. But that type of stuff is stupid. Goes even beyond poisoning trees IMO.
  • KSR Twitter Feed