Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• No place for twitter post threatening Killeya-Jones

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Twitter provides a lot of fun and entertainment for many of us. However, I have to say this old guy was more than a bit shocked by a tweet Friday that could have been taken as a death threat to incoming Kentucky freshman Sacha Killeya-Jones.

It apparently was in retaliation for a tweet that Killeya-Jones posted during the McDonald's All-American Game in Chicago earlier this week when he played with three other future Wildcats. He was with De'Aaron Fox, Malik Monk and Bam Adebayo when it seemed they were mocking the "L's up" sign that Cardinal fans use.

Obviously, Louisville fans did not like that and given a do-over, my guess is that the future Cats would not have posed for that photo. However, that still is no excuse for what someone posted on Twitter Friday afternoon. It had a picture of a gun inside a UK stuffed animal's mouth with this message for Killeya-Jones: "@The_SKJ come to the west side of Louisville and throw y'all L's down" y'all get put in a body bag, we don't play!!"

Killeya-Jones' mother was in no mood to play after that tweet hit Twitter, either.

"This is someone sending death threats to my 17 yo son," Ley Killeya-Jones posted.

Next she posted: "Unfortunately, there's no such thing anymore as 'only twitter'- we are reporting it."

She noted that procedure called to report the threat first in North Carolina where they lived.

Finally she had a message for Kentucky fans.

"Thank you so much everyone in ‪#BBN‬ who has reported the threat. We are working with the police dept. We appreciate the support," Ley Killeya-Jones tweeted.

Even in the bitter UK-Louisville rivalry, there's no room for this. Of course, there is no way to know exactly who posted the threatening tweet and the picture was removed not long after it was posted. I have to believe that 99 percent of both UK and Louisville fans were offended by this threat and here's hoping someone figures out who did it and that there is a way to charge the culprit with some offense.
    Comments 9 Comments
      UKHistory -
      Horrible thing to do especially in a world that deals with workplace violence terrorism threats regularly.

There is no place for such threats. Although thankfully this was Mose likely just a threat. That is not to says he individual should not have to talk with Louisville police.

But let me say this is an example of how toxic the rivalry is.

It is a example of why I would support ending playing UofL altogether in all sports.

It is just too unhealthy.
      Doc -
      I'm sure there is a way to figure it out. Don't you have to sign in when an inmate uses a computer from prison? They should be able to backtrack from there
      UKHistory -
      This is entirely trackable. Twitter will give this guy up pretty quick.

You have to take that threat seriously. And based on the Twitter page of SKJ's mom, she is very socially conscious. Not the family to take a threat lightly. Not that anyone should.
      kingcat -
      I'm sure whatever device it was has already been hacked.
      KMSBball -
      The Chief of Police in Louisville just announced last week that they have identified 25 gangs currently operating in Louisville. Most are in the west end of town. He was speaking publicly to address the high number of murders so far in 2016. SKJ should take this very seriously and pursue charges.
      GhettoBird -
      the other site posted a picture of he guy.
      Darrell KSR -
      Well, you don't know if this is the picture of the guy or not - anybody can use any picture with their twitter account - but here's the twitter account, with a blow up of the pic posted with it. Just be careful assuming it's the guy. Might be.

Attachment 5467Attachment 5468
      Bakert -
      When you seemingly embrace a "thug" mentality for your program, what do you expect? It's just such a sad, pathetic, wannabe, place.
      Even with what I think of the ACC, how/why they thought it made sense to bring that group of lowlifes in I'll never understand.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
      When you seemingly embrace a "thug" mentality for your program, what do you expect? It's just such a sad, pathetic, wannabe, place.
      Even with what I think of the ACC, how/why they thought it made sense to bring that group of lowlifes in I'll never understand.
      Louisville pulled a fast one over the ACC. Really an odd choice, but a huge get for Jurich.
  • KSR Twitter Feed