Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky v Alabama Game Thread - Officials announced

Officials for UK-Alabama are Tony Greene, Ron Groover and Byron Jarrett.
    Comments 138 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Very scary part of the game.

After Alex Poythress' 3rd 3-pointer of the game.

Did you see his bow and arrow? Oh, man. That was bad.
      One of those rare times in his career that you realize he is having fun in the game
      Darrell KSR -
      Looking forward to some cool pics from Jeff Houchin tonight.

I will be there tomorrow at courtside. Will bring my camera, but doubtful I'll use it. Ridiculous when Jeff Houchin is there doing his magic.

Hopefully they'll put me close enough to use my phone for a few pics, which are easier to tweet and post here anyway.
      Darrell KSR -
      My hopes for tomorrow?

A 12 points, 8 rebound game for Derek Willis, and the same for Marcus Lee. And a 5-6 FT performance from Isaiah Briscoe.

And a win. Oh yeah, that part, too.
      blueboss -
      Congrats to the Cats!! Nice knock the rust off first game, with the exception of the defensive break downs here and there they dominated. Had they not shot so well the lack of defense could come back to bite them down the road.

I wasn't involved in the "game thread" but was it just me or did John Saunders, and what's his name make it really hard to listen to the game??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Darrell KSR -
      Jerry Tipton @JerryTipton
      Derek Willis still feeling effects of ankle injury. "I feel it's killing my athleticism" he said of the discomfort.

Willis: "I don't think it's going to get better until after the season.
      Darrell KSR -
      By the way, there are two final box scores floating around. I think the 85 score one is correct (I posted one with Kentucky having 83 points). I think it cheated Skal Labissiere out of a basket. Didn't he have 7 points?

This, I think, is the official (and correct) one.

Darrell KSR -
      Tyler Ulis--31 minutes? Be still, my beating heart.
      CitizenBBN -
      Tyler Ulis--31 minutes? Be still, my beating heart.
      the best part of the win was that he only had 31, and Murray "only" 33.

Did you see though that with about 3:40 to go we bobbled the ball and still got a 3 and Cal was still sending Ulis back in? It got nixed, he stayed out, but I think I saw him going to the scorer's table.
      Carolinawildcats -
      Derek Willis still feeling effects of ankle injury. "I feel it's killing my athleticism" he said of the discomfort.

Willis: "I don't think it's going to get better until after the season.
      I hate to admit it, but this is likely true

Peace

Richard (CW)
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

Did you see though that with about 3:40 to go we bobbled the ball and still got a 3 and Cal was still sending Ulis back in? It got nixed, he stayed out, but I think I saw him going to the scorer's table.
      I did see that, you are right. I was saying, "No, Cal, no." I guess he heard me.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post
      I hate to admit it, but this is likely true

Peace

Richard (CW)
      CW, I watched the interview with him. He blamed the dunk on his athleticism being killed. He was up high enough, he exploded off the floor just as he normally would, but he released it late--his timing was off. He's a kid and doesn't understand what laying off can do at the highest D1 level.

He only played 13 minutes tonight and scored 5 points. He has played a grand total of 27 minutes out of 200 since February 20. That'll mess with ya until you get your rhythm back.

JMO, of course. I think he'll be fine, and is fine now, subject to playing.
      CitizenBBN -
      I did see that, you are right. I was saying, "No, Cal, no." I guess he heard me.
      I imagine Payne and Robic were saying it for us as well, and he heard us through them. Though I was yelling pretty loud at the bar.

btw, working on that email now. I can definitely take care of the problem for you, just have to find a place to dump the body.
      Darrell KSR -
      I imagine Payne and Robic were saying it for us as well, and he heard us through them. Though I was yelling pretty loud at the bar.

btw, working on that email now. I can definitely take care of the problem for you, just have to find a place to dump the body.
      After your 2nd text, I was going to respond, and thought even the receipt of a text could put you in imminent danger, so I refrained. Need you for more stealth operations in the very near future.
      CitizenBBN -
      After your 2nd text, I was going to respond, and thought even the receipt of a text could put you in imminent danger, so I refrained. Need you for more stealth operations in the very near future.
      Yeah, that was wise. It's OK though. I'm like the old Hee Haw song when it comes to trouble. If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.
      blueboss -

I'm thinking Ulis was putting himself back in the game and Cal vetoed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      catmanjack -
      There was a bit of foul trouble in the first half that cut 5 mins off of Ulis time.
      Was great to see them out and resting in a big win.
      dan_bgblue -
      SC will win tonight. No way Georgia beats them three times.
      Thanks Darrell!!!
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      Thanks Darrell!!!
      Anytime!
  • KSR Twitter Feed