Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Draft analyst says 30 NBA teams would take Andrew Wiggins right now

By: LARRY VAUGHT

The more I hear about Huntington (W.Va.) Prep standout Andrew Wiggins, the more intrigued I become with just how good he might be regardless of whether he stays in the 2014 recruiting class or switches to the 2013 class as many Kentucky fans hope he will.

Regardless of his class, some basketball analysts speculate that he might be ready to play in the NBA right now.

“That probably depends on what they define as ‘play,’ but there are 30 teams that would gladly take him on their roster just for safe keeping,” said DraftExpress.com’s Matt Kamalsky.

The draft analyst says it’s not hard to explain what makes Wiggins, who seems to be favoring either Kentucky or Florida State, so special.

“Consistent improvement in the substance of his offensive skill level growing to match crazy athleticism. Started making midrange shots more consistently, making his ability to go wherever he wants with the ball more impactful,” Kamalsky said. “Ballhandling coming around. Doesn't necessarily jump any higher than say, Gerald Green, but is in that echelon and elevates as fast as any athlete you will ever see from a standstill.

“You'll see what I'm saying when you see him in person. It’s incredible stuff you can't teach combined with increasingly functional skills. He's as much the number one guy in his class as (Anthony) Davis was in his.”
    Comments 4 Comments
      Darryl -
      Quote Originally Posted by LarryVaught1 View Post
      The more I hear about Huntington (W.Va.) Prep standout Andrew Wiggins, the more intrigued I become with just how good he might be regardless of whether he stays in the 2014 recruiting class or switches to the 2013 class as many Kentucky fans hope he will.

Regardless of his class, some basketball analysts speculate that he might be ready to play in the NBA right now.

“That probably depends on what they define as ‘play,’ but there are 30 teams that would gladly take him on their roster just for safe keeping,” said DraftExpress.com’s Matt Kamalsky.

The draft analyst says it’s not hard to explain what makes Wiggins, who seems to be favoring either Kentucky or Florida State, so special.

“Consistent improvement in the substance of his offensive skill level growing to match crazy athleticism. Started making midrange shots more consistently, making his ability to go wherever he wants with the ball more impactful,” Kamalsky said. “Ballhandling coming around. Doesn't necessarily jump any higher than say, Gerald Green, but is in that echelon and elevates as fast as any athlete you will ever see from a standstill.

“You'll see what I'm saying when you see him in person. It’s incredible stuff you can't teach combined with increasingly functional skills. He's as much the number one guy in his class as (Anthony) Davis was in his.”
      I have been saying for over a year that Wiggins will be the most talented player Cal or UK has ever signed.

By the way, he "ain't' going to Florida State.

Darryl
      Darrell KSR -
      He. Is. Phenomenal.

I thought John Wall was near once-in-a-lifetime. And for pure athletic ability, I was almost right. I then changed to "once-in-a-decade."

From what I've seen, that won't be right, either. As good a PLAYER as Anthony Davis was, Wiggins could be better. As athletic as John Wall is/was, Andrew Wiggins can match him.

Combine both of those and you will likely have, as Darryl so wisely states, as normal, the most talented player Cal or UK ever signs--assuming he goes to UK. I have a real good feeling about that possibility, too.
      akaukswoosh -
      He is phenomenal but NBA teams taking younger and younger kids isn't something to be bragging about as there are a handful of really good NBA teams and the rest is smoke and a couple of broken mirrors. LoL
      LarryVaught1 -
      Agree Swoosh, but everyone says Wiggins is one of those rare, rare players
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post