Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Calipari campaigns for SEC teams

By: LARRY VAUGHT

NASHVILLE — Just as he has done all season, Kentucky coach John Calipari was campaigning for more Southeastern Conference teams to get into the NCAA Tournament than the three projected as of today.

"What disappoints me is that there are teams that lost, like some of our teams have, and all of a sudden, it's okay. They're in. And then one of our teams loses, they go from bubble to first four out. You're like, I don't get it. I do know, when our teams are in the NCAA Tournament, they do well," Calipari said after UK beat Alabama.

"We've been in Final Fours, the Elite Eights, a number of Sweet 16s. We had three a couple years ago in the Sweet 16 and two in the Final Four. So I think this league deserves five teams that should be in.

"I think Vanderbilt should be in. That's just my thought. And I think, if you look at it overall, they should be in, but they lost a tough game. Tennessee played well (Friday)."

Then the swaggy Cal had a little fun.

"We lost to Tennessee. We lost to Tennessee. So I think they should be in, but I'm not on the committee. If I was on the committee, because I'm a normal person. I'm helping my friends, and those other dudes are not getting in. I'm normal," he said before pausing.

Then he added, "Why is everybody laughing?"
    Comments 6 Comments
      catmanjack -
      SEC teams need a lot of help that's for sure.
      Most don't even play good non conference schedules and
      If the home cooking wasn't so lopsided this year the win totals would
      be crazy bad.
      The third best team SC is 9-8 the last 17.
      CitizenBBN -
      "Swaggy Cal". I love that nickname, it suits him so well.
      catmanjack -
      I am too the point that this league needs to help themselves and stop riding
      and hoping their season is based around beating UK.
      bigsky -
      Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
      I am too the point that this league needs to help themselves and stop riding and hoping their season is based around beating UK.
      Truth is most of the games showcased mediocrity. I get so used to seeing these rowdy gyms and fired up teams when we play there and then when I try snd watch them play each other everybody's asleep in the seats and sleepwalkin on the court. Vanderbilt seems like exhibit a.
      bigsky -
      Like this snoozer
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
      Like this snoozer
      This game is an all ambien game. My Wife is OUT. She is catching serious Z's right now along with half of Bridgestone arena
  • KSR Twitter Feed