Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Hawkins "80 percent healthy" for South Carolina

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Coach John Calipari says guard Dominique Hawkins is still only 80 percent healthy because of his ankle injury. However, Hawkins says going into Saturday's game at South Carolina the ankle is "the best it's ever been" even though he's not completely healed.

He said "it was really sore" before the Florida game when he did not play.

"The doctors and I decided to sit out that game," he said.

He did play against Georgia Tuesday and even had a dunk.

"Actually I surprised myself when I did that. I kind of thought my ankle was going to hurt me when I was running back on the court, but it was fine," Hawkins said. "Definitely with my teammates wanting me to play, and their encouraging me to make plays and stuff like that.

"I know in the future I still can make a great impact for this team. Injuries do suck, but you just have to be able to bounce back and find your way back on the team and make a great role for our team.”

A win at South Carolina would help.

“We just have to be more focused and everybody has to play their role. When we get up in the game, we have to maintain that and keep on putting it down," Hawkins said.
    Comments 1 Comment
      Krank -
      Boy do we need him going forward. Defense off the bench, especially with Alex' status in limbo, will be at a premium for the rest of the season.

Thanks Larry. Always great hearing Hawk's positivity.
  • KSR Twitter Feed