Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Q&A with FR RB Dyshawn Mobley

Question: How did it feel to get to play in your first game at Kentucky?
    Mobley: “It felt great to get to play. I was just trying to do the best I could do for my team.”

Question: How has the last month been for you?
    Mobley: “It was tough in practice and was tough not getting in the game more. But I am still learning and will be ready when I get my chance to play more. Every day I get better at protections, running plays, schemes and stuff like that.”

Question: What has been the hardest thing for you so far?
    Mobley: “Really, just picking up pass protection. I am pretty good on it now, though. I am getting better every day at it. I am working hard and trying to learn everything. Running the ball comes naturally to me. The pass protection you have to read all those linebackers, cornerbacks to see who is coming. It’s tough but I am picking it up.”

Question: What did you think of this atmosphere?
    Mobley: “It was totally different than what I imagined. There were a lot more people out there going crazy. I like it. I just want to get my chance one day to show all I can do. Our offense did pretty good today. We just have to execute better, take out the penalities and stop the turnovers. We ran the ball well. (Quarterback) Max (Smith) looked comfortable in the pocket finding receivers. I liked the last series we had. It was basically like seven-on-seven where we drove it down the field passing it. I liked that.”

Question: Are you as strong a runner as people are saying?
    Mobley: “I run the ball pretty hard. I just like playing football really. When I get my chance, I just make the best out of it.”

Question: How tough is it in a game like this to have to just stand and watch and learn for most of the game?
    Mobley: “It is definitely tough, but I know one day I will get my chance. Those guys had chances today. I will just stay back and observe and see what I can get better at and learn from those guys and see what they can do.”

Question: Is there any one player who helps you a lot or did today even?
    Mobley: “I look up to all of them. They all help me out with the plays and everything. If I need anything, I can ask any one of the running backs and they will give me any advice they can.”

Question: What was it like in the locker room after the game?
    Mobley: “Everybody was walking around and trying to get everybody’s confidence back up and saying this is not our last game and keep our heads up.”
    Comments 1 Comment
      TonyRay -
      Question: What was it like in the locker room after the game?
      Mobley: “Everybody was walking around and trying to get everybody’s confidence back up and saying this is not our last game and keep our heads up.”

I like that, there are still 11 games left and the players can't give up.
  • KSR Twitter Feed