Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Sonic the Hedgehog, er Wildcat?

Thanks Nike.

Comments 50 Comments
      Jeeepcat -
      KSRBEvans -
      KSRBEvans -
      KSRBEvans -
      KSRBEvans -

So yeah, awesome decision to ditch a unique brand and instead go with some generic feline logo, because no one else is doing that.
      uk-4-the-win -
      I think the logo looks awesome.
      Darrell KSR -
      Cal says he likes it.

@UKCoachCalipari: Excited about the new look Nike's provided us. Nike is the gold standard & they’ve done great work to help us build our look for the future.
      KSRBEvans -
      Honest question: have you ever heard any coach or any player say the new logo/uni/whatever for their team sucks? I don't think I ever have. I think it would be pretty funny if someone did.
      suncat05 -
      Seriously?
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
      Honest question: have you ever heard any coach or any player say the new logo/uni/whatever for their team sucks? I don't think I ever have. I think it would be pretty funny if someone did.
      No. I also was careful not to say Calipari likes it. I said he said he likes it. There's a little distinction there, where I wonder if he does or not.
      KSRBEvans -
      Yep, I got what you were saying. I was just reading tweets from writers saying the players love it. I think the players always love something new. It'd be pretty funny if you had a UK player, or any player for any program where there's a uni change, who said "Ewwww, that's awful."
      dan_bgblue -
      If the team wants to wear it fine by me. If they start sticking the stupid looking graphic on fan wear, they can count me out for future orders.

Wonder what they will do with this one

MTcatfan -
      I like it, and I love the unis. Have not seen it yet but Matt Jones or Ryan Lemond said there is a black matte helmet, which if true I can't wait to see it. As I have seen all the new matte helmets around college football I have been pining for UK to get one.
      BarristerCat -
      I find it laughable that they claimed Nike's top design team spent two years (!) working on that. So, two years from Nike's top designers gets you:

-- a mild re-working of the football uniform design
      -- a one-off basketball uniform that doesn't look substantially different from other designs of the past few years
      -- a primary logo that looks like a rehash of another school's (Houston)
      -- a secondary logo that looks like nothing more than an amalgamation of several other non-UK cat logos

That's just not plausible. I've seen one of these sports redesigns up close, and I see no way that experienced sports designers spent two years coming up with this. Basically the entire design program looks like something one guy could've done over a couple of weeks on his home computer. Whether that's Nike's fault or the administration's fault we'll probably never know. Either way, it is not particularly good or imaginative design.
      Padukacat -
      Quote Originally Posted by BarristerCat View Post
      I find it laughable that they claimed Nike's top design team spent two years (!) working on that. So, two years from Nike's top designers gets you:

-- a mild re-working of the football uniform design
      -- a one-off basketball uniform that doesn't look substantially different from other designs of the past few years
      -- a primary logo that looks like a rehash of another school's (Houston)
      -- a secondary logo that looks like nothing more than an amalgamation of several other non-UK cat logos

That's just not plausible. I've seen one of these sports redesigns up close, and I see no way that experienced sports designers spent two years coming up with this. Basically the entire design program looks like something one guy could've done over a couple of weeks on his home computer. Whether that's Nike's fault or the administration's fault we'll probably never know. Either way, it is not particularly good or imaginative design.
      uh yeah I agree, I could have brainstormed with my family and come up with more unique ideas that what they have. I admit I am fine with a plain look like the bball unis but im not sure its anything other than "just another uniform".
      Padukacat -
      the matte black helmet was sharp, but I like that type of thing. I would upload pics of it and what a crazy uk bball uniform worth a press conf would look like if the images weren't too big
      KSRBEvans -
      I look at what UnderArmour's done for Navy the last couple of seasons, for example, and I feel like they could've done better.
      ShoesSwayedBlue -
      I like it better than the current one. It'll grow on the fan base.
      Darrell KSR -
      For Pete's sake, it's supposed to be fun.

http://twitter.com/KSTV_Sports/statu...269184/video/1
      KSRBEvans -
      Did this guy just become AD yesterday? We always bitch about uniforms (although I don't hear as much bitching about the unis this time as the logo and the broke-down K).
  • KSR Twitter Feed