Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Vanderbilt's coach McCray praises Calipari, Kentucky

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Rodney McCray and his brother, Scooter, both played on a national championship team at Louisville. Scooter McCray still lives in Louisville and regularly attends Cardinal basketball games.

Rodney coaches Victory Prep Academy in Houston and this year his star player, versatile 6-9 junior Jarred Vanderbilt, is being pursued by Kentucky and coach John Calipari.

The Victory Prep coach has nothing but good things to say about Calipari and says the UK coach reminds him a "little bit" of legendary NBA coach Phil Jackson, who guided both the Lakers and Bulls to NBA championships.

"You get all these personalities and get them focused on winning, and that's what he does just like Phil did," McCray said while his team was playing at the McCracken County Mustang Madness in Paducah. "Look at what he has done over last four or five years with Final Four runs, guys going in the first round (of the draft).

"If you have aspirations of (being a) one and done (player), that is the place to play. I went down the road (to Louisville) but I respect them, enjoy watching them play and they have a great program. They have it going pretty good right now."
    Comments 1 Comment
      Darrell KSR -
      I wanted to go with the title, "Louisville great touts Kentucky to Vanderbilt".

Edit. Fixed now.
  • KSR Twitter Feed