Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Vanderbilt impresses at McCracken County Mustang Madness

By: LARRY VAUGHT

PADUCAH — His team got beat 117-94 at the McCracken County Mustang Madness, but 6-9 Victory Prep junior Jarred Vanderbilt still had a triple double in the loss to Huntington Prep.

Vanderbilt had 18 points, 16 rebounds, 12 assists and four steals while going against Michigan State signee Miles Bridges most of the game. Bridges had 37 points and 12 rebounds while Indiana signee Curtis Jones had 17 points and 11 assists.

"We just made some crucial mistakes at the wrong times," said Victory Prep (Texas) coach Rodney McCray. "But Jarred is a triple double threat any time we play. Everybody we play knows that and really sets their defense for him. But he accepts that and does all he can for our team."

Kentucky is one of the schools pursuing Vanderbilt, who is only 16 years old and ranked as one of the top recruits in the 2017 recruiting class.

"He's going to be really special at the next level," McCray said.

After the game, one Kentucky fan caught up with Vanderbilt to ask him to pose for a picture. The fan, wearing a UK hat and shirt, had a sign that said, "You should be here," referring to UK.

"I love the passion the fans here in Kentucky have for basketball. It's fun," Vanderbilt said.
    Comments 2 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      If he should wind up at UK, I am gonna have trouble with thread titles for a while.
      DanISSELisdaman -
      You and me both my friend!
  • KSR Twitter Feed