Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Calipari to UK fans: Have some class

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Kentucky coach John Calipari made a familiar plea to UK fans — "have some class" — going into Saturday's game with Louisville.

Calipari said he didn't even think about how UK fans might respond to the recent problems Rick Pitino's program as had until he was asked about it Wednesday

"I’m watching tape. I think they’re doing a great job. I think Rick’s doing a great job with his team. And I would tell our fans enjoy the game. Don’t be bringing in banners. Don’t be bringing in posters. Don’t. You don’t need to do it. Let’s just enjoy the basketball game. Let’s be classy. We have the classiest fans, and I would expect that’s how they would be during this game," Calipari said.

Calipari said he's only brought up fan behavior in the past when asked about it. He says he would never encourage fans to give an opponent a hard time.

"When I was at UMass, I can remember a school had an issue with a gambling thing and I can remember saying, ‘If I see one thing, I will walk off and won’t coach the game. Let’s just play basketball. We don’t need to relish in anyone’s struggles.’ I’ve always been that way," Calipari said.

"The stuff we do is very hard. Not everybody handles it that way. Some of them encourage that stuff. I’m not one of those guys. Let’s just have some class. Let me just tell you, we need to worry about how good their team is and how well they’re being coached; not anything that happened five years ago. Let’s just play ball.”
    Comments 3 Comments
      Padukacat -
      Dont worry about uk fans cal, you just worry about our offense and the rest will take care of itself.
      CitizenBBN -
      A fine enough message from cal but UK fans at rupp are hardly a worry. Rick will get booed, would have regardless, that's about it. The students may do something, but students are idiots, can't help that part.
      Darrell KSR -
      And opens tonight's show asking UK fans not to bring up any post-game activity (i.e., Pitino).

Class act, Calipari is.
  • KSR Twitter Feed