Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky guards playing too many minutes

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Going into Saturday's game with Louisville, is point guard Tyler Ulis completely healthy after hyperextending his elbow earlier this month?

“I don’t believe so. I think he’s not one that’s going to worry about that. It’s like anything else: You have to adjust a little bit to how you’re playing and what you’re doing. I would tell you again, I think the guards are playing too many minutes, so we have to figure out ways of cutting their minutes down," Kentucky coach John Calipari said Wednesday.

"I thought Marcus (Lee) and Alex (Poythress) played too many minutes at the end of the game (against Ohio State). The two or three plays that we had to make, they didn’t have the energy to make the plays. I’m probably playing them too many minutes right now. That’s the kind of stuff that we have to figure out."

Calipari said he's ready to make minor tweaks to his team.

"We’re a fast, guard-oriented and a great driving team. We put pressure on the ball as well as any other team in the country. We’re a good pressing team. It’s just, ‘Ok. What do we need to do offensively?’ Are people sagging? Are people playing zone? How are we doing this? That’s the kind of tweaking I’m talking about more than anything else," the UK coach said.
  • KSR Twitter Feed