Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kash Daniel has Awesome Experience at Big Spring Country Club

By: LONNY DEMAREE

Daniel was the guest honoree of the day at the Big Spring Country Club in Louisville. He was there to receive the coveted Paul Hornung Award for the best player in the state of Kentucky for the season and career at Paintsville High School. He follows in a long line of star players proceeding him. The difference being that he is committed to the University of Kentucky. Of the twenty-three award winners only nine have committed to the University of Kentucky. Three of the nine are in the last three years. Kentucky and Mark Stoops have got to keep the recruiting railroad running through Lexington.

Daniel made a big splash back in the summer when previously only Marshall was recruiting him hard that after some impressive camp and combine appearances D. J. Eliot offered the youngster and his recruiting blew-up across the Midwest and deep-South. His vitals showed he was major Dl material especially when he clocked in at 4.5 on the forty-yard dash. He was immediately elevates to a four-star recruit in all the recruiting services. He subsequently committed to the Wildcats. “Marshall University still recruited me the hardest,” Daniel said. “Every coach on their staff sent me letters and constantly called. I liked Coach Stoop the best because he talked to me like he had known me for years.”

Daniel is slated to appear in the Army All-American game the summer. “I can’t hardly wait till that time,” a highly anticipatory Daniel stated. “I want to see how I stack up against some of the best players in the country.

Daniel has already passed the toughness test and earned a Purple-Heart in the playoff game against Paris High School in the first game of the state playoffs. Under my watchful eye he took a direct hit on his right knee and went down. He hobbled of the field to the sideline looking as though he wouldn’t return for the rest of the game. Though still hobbling he returned the next series of downs saying he didn’t feel anything in his knee accept something that felt loose. He was limited to just throwing the ball. His limp was even worse when he left for the dressing room at halftime. “We scratched around for some Advil, analgesic cream, and we finally found a brace,” he said. Kash came back out and played the entire second half on both side of the ball, threw for two more touchdowns and ran for one totaling three TD passes and two running TD’s for the night. What a gladiator performance. This was my first time seeing him play and aside from his athleticism he showed he was physically tough. “The next day I couldn’t walk,” he said of the MCL sprain. He wanted to play the next game in the playoffs but the surgeon strongly recommended against it.

Daniel reiterated this recruiting class will stay together and he said the most dogged recruiter in this class is Woodford Counties Drake Jackson. Daniel said – “Drake is the man in this recruiting class. He called me two or three times a week. He’s like a coach.

Daniel said he has a chip on his shoulder because he has been told all his life that he couldn’t make it. “Aw, you’ll be Back home,” he said they told him. So January 10th begins the college process when he said he and transfer red-shirt linebacker Courtney Love will began working out together.
    Comments 4 Comments
      Terry Blue -
      Great to have you there Mayor! Of course the title needs to be changed to Kash Daniel. Kash and us talked about Drake so sure he was on Lonny's mind also. Larry Vaught was there to present Kash to the Club so sure he'll have some comments too. I was lucky enough to speak to Kash and his Dad plus also see his Mom, Aunt, and Sister. You can see that Kash inherited some mighty fine genes. Kash told me that he only had about 50 in his high school class and plays baseball and basketball in addition to football and would wrestle too if they had a team. He said Courtney Love would be mentoring him when he gets to UK and his goal is to get in that linebacker rotation for next year if he can. Very well spoken young man and as Lonny said this guy is going to be a warrior for us. This is our 23rd annual Hornung Award Meeting and we had a record crowd of 156, even though we are just 3 days till Christmas
      Terry Blue -
      bump
      snoopcat -
      I guess myself and Kash have something in common. I too had a awesome experience at Big Spring CC. About 8 years ago I had a hole in one on the back nine. 205 yard par 3. Awesome experience 😀
      Darrell KSR -
      Updated with a little art of the dapper Mr. Daniel and Mr. Demaree!
  • KSR Twitter Feed