Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Austin's Rose part of Kentucky die hard fans

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Growing up in Corbin, Tim Gore was like a lot of other youngsters. He played basketball and says he was a “pretty good athlete” even though he had to play out of position at center because he was 6-3.

He graduated in 2002 and then went to the University of Kentucky where he graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Agricultural Economics. However, his real major/passion was music.

Gore was in a house band at Austin City Saloon for about a year while he attended UK. After graduation, he moved to Nashville and has been there about seven years.

“I always played music and told myself if I lived in Nashville I could make it as a musician,” said Gore, who plays guitar and harmonica and has written over 500 songs.

His career started to take off about three years ago when he met Taylor Cornilles. They now form the country music duo Austin’s Rose.

“We were friends for about a year (after she moved to Nashville following high school), then started dating and doing gigs and our harmony just blended,” Gore said. “We are both real big into fitness and it’s not easy to find musicians who don’t want to smoke weed and drink. We are just perfect for each other.”

Cornilles says they want to be a good example and have their music show “the blessings of love and the Heavenly Father” want their music to be a positive influence on their fans.

She grew up in the hills of Oregon and was part of her family band from the time since was 10 years old and wrote her first song at age 12. She plays the fiddle, guitar, piano, and mandolin. Gore says they can “rock the house” without any help because of the numerous instruments they play.

“We both love the same things. She was working with some big-time people. I thought, ‘A good-looking fiddle player to sing with me, that works,’” Gore said. “I think we have taken off recently because we are putting ourselves out there more. We threw an album together quick and had some decent songs.

“We are now working on a new album and pushing to get it done by the first of the year. We have some great songs on there.”

They also are part of what seems like a growing number of celebrity actors/musicians that are die-hard Kentucky fans joining J.D. Shelburne, Eddie Montgomery, Sundy Best, Josh Hopkins, Josh Hutcherson, Laura Bell Bundy, Ashley Judd and others. Gore is actually good friends with Shelburne, who was at UK the same time

“I listen to Kentucky Sports Radio every morning. I know Drew (Franklin). I listen to Tom Leach and Sunday Morning Sports on WLAP,” Gore said. “Taylor has to wake up to UK every day. I wake up with Tom Leach and then go to the gym and work out with KSR.”

Cornilles got a little spoiled with UK sports since last basketball season was her first buying into the Wildcats with Gore.

“She was only 19 when she left Oregon and was not an Oregon fan, so she jumped on the UK bandwagon pretty quick. They went 38-1 and she was just crying and crying after they lost to Wisconsin (in the Final Four). I tried to tell her it was not like that every year,” Gore said. “I have been telling her why I hate Duke and that Christian Laettner shot when I was 8 years old and still remember crying my eyes out.”

He took Cornilles to Rupp Arena last season when Kentucky beat Vanderbilt.

“She loved it. She is as big a fan as me now,” Gore said.

They also went to the UK football game at Vanderbilt in November when the Cats made a bevvy of mistakes and lost. Gore said she is still trying to learn more about football, but she knew what she saw at Vanderbilt.

“It was rough being a UK fan during that, but we had a good time,” Cornilles said.

They’re having an even better time with their music drawing more and more attention.

“I have done over 2,000 shows since I have been in Nashville. I would play almost seven days a week for seven years. Now we are just trying to go after the real thing and are putting ourselves out there more,” Gore said. “We had some guys jump on board from Chicago, so that is helping us get out there more.

“Our social media has really taken off. We have over 30,000 Twitter followers now and over 20,000 on Instagram.”

But no matter what happens, one thing won’t change with Gore and now Cornilles.

“I am into classic cars and my car is blue with UK on the back. My love for my Cats will never go away. That’s just in my blood and I know this is going to be another great basketball season,” Gore said.
  • KSR Twitter Feed