Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Jackson to wait until Spring before making decision

By: LARRY VAUGHT

BENTON — He’s been projected as the No. 3 overall pick in the 2017 NBA draft by DraftExpress.com and Josh Jackson showed off all his skills here Friday night in the Marshall County Hoop Fest.

He scored 34 points on 14 of 27 shooting from the field and 4-for-7 at the foul line to lead Prolific Prep to an 83-77 double overtime win over Huntington Prep. He also had 19 rebounds, eight assists and one block in 38 minutes.

Many recruiting analysts have the 6-8 Jackson as the top player in the 2016 recruiting class, something that would normally have Kentucky in hot pursuit. However, UK has been out of the picture for some time and he says Arizona, Michigan State, Kansas, UNLV and UCLA are the schools on his final list.

He’s a Michigan native even though he now lives and plays in California, but admits he has strong feelings for his home. Huntington Prep’s Miles Bridges had 27 points and 12 rebounds Friday. He was a major UK recruiting target before signing with Michigan State — he’s also a Michigan native — and now he’s doing all he can to persuade Jackson to join him and others at Michigan State.

Jackson said he’s close friends with Bridges — and planned to call him and “talk crap” about the win — and the idea of playing with him at Michigan State is appealing.

“I’m strongly considering it,” Jackson said. “Obviously, he’s a great player. They’ve got some other great recruits coming in as well. And it’s my hometown. That kind of pulls me there a little more, because I haven’t been home in so long. Having Miles definitely helped them out. That’s one of my best friends on the circuit. One of my favorite guys to play with and against.”

However, he also has a close tie at Arizona in coach Sean Miller. He played for Miller with USA Basketball.

“I think he’s a great guy, great coach. I love his style of play. Their teams are always good. He’s a great recruiter — he knows how to recruit guys. I had a couple of heart-to-heart moments with coach Miller. We’re kind of close,” Jackson, who will take an official visit to Arizona later this month when it hosts UNLV, said.

He insisted he still will not make his college choice until the spring. He said he was glad many friends had made their choices already, but he was in no rush to make the biggest decision of his life.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post