Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• The University of Kentucky and the Louisville Cardinals Clash

It was once thought there would be very little buzz when the two teams clashed for the Governor's Cup as a results of moving the game the last game of the season. But having so much riding on the game in addition to it being a rivalry game the buzz is still there. Following is a breakdown of the game.

Quarterback
    UK – Drew Barker will be in only his second start and will be the key to UK's success in this game. If he can take care of the ball something Towles had trouble doing the Cats could achieve a victory.

U of L – The Cardinals quarterback situation has been in flux most of the season but Kyle Bolin and Lamar Jackson have had a modicum of success throughout the season. Bolin came off the bench last season and nailed down a victory for the Cards. Either pose a threat to the Wildcats. ADVANTAGE U of L.

Running Back
    UK – The Cats top four all can run the ball. Their running is to some degree misleading because they are a big strike group but at times lack consistency.

U of L – The Cards running game has been spotty so much so their leading rusher is quarterback Lamar Jackson. ADVANTAGE UK.

Wide Receiver
    U of L – Having played in only seven games UAB transfer Jamari Staples has become a big threat. And the rest of the tops receivers have hit for big gainers keeping the Cards in games.

UK – It's thought that the receiving corps would be a strong suit for the Cats but they haven't lived up to the pre-season expectations scoring only ten touchdowns. ADVANTAGE U of L.

Tight End
    UK – Freshman C. J. Conrad has the only receptions on the season and has been used more late in the season with some success. He has fifteen receptions on the season.

U of L – Keith Trowbridge and Cole Hikutini as a tandem have been somewhat effective having five touchdown receptions between them. ADVANTAGE U of L.

Offensive Line
    UK – The Wildcats have a wealth of experience that have been through the SEC wars. Their pass protection has been sometimes questionable however except from their red-zone blocking their run blocking has been winnable.

U of L – Though having shown some improvement as of late the Cardinals run blocking has been less than desirable. Pass blocking has been their strong suit against average defensive lines. ADVANTAGE UK.

Defensive Line
    U of L – DeAngelo Brown, Sheldon Rankins, and Trevon Young offer up a strong tandem. They have amassed 27-sacks. They will put pressure on Barker because they do a lot of things to get to the quarterback.

UK – The loss of nose-tackle Melvin Lewis was huge. Though Matt Elam is showing some improvement the Lewis loss has necessitated some different personnel grouping to compensate. ADVANTAGE U of L.

Linebackers
    UK – A now healthy Jason Hatcher and the senior-year play of Khalid Henderson has solidify this unit. Josh Forrest, a converted wide receiver has made the conversion successfully and will have chance to play at the next level.

U of L – Keith Kelsey and James Burgess have both had stalwart years and two very important pieces of what is considered a strong front-seven. ADVANTAGE EVEN.

Secondary
    UK – Mark Stoops is this is the secondary since he's been here. Four freshmen have cur planted seniors and juniors and figure to be one of the best in the SEC in the future. This served to spur A. J. Stamped to return to his flying-around ways.

U of L – The Cardinal revamped their secondary with transfers that have done a creditable job. Josh Harvey-Clemons and Shaq Wiggins are University of Georgia transfers. ADVANTAGE UK.

Special teams
    U of L – Corvin Lamb and Taveon Samuel are dangerous kick-off returners. Punt returners are average. All other phases of special teams are even.

UK – Though Miles Butler has filled in adequately. It is important to get Austin MacGinnis back for the last game to rack up touchbacks. ADVANTAGE U of L.

Leagues
    The SEC is superior to the ACC.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post