Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Weather, Louisville defense to define Kentucky passing game Saturday

By: LARRY VAUGHT

How often Kentucky throws the ball against Louisville Saturday will depend not only on Louisville’s defense, but also on the weather conditions — and rain is forecast.

“If conditions are like that you gotta be able to grind it out. And it really depends on what they do defensively. People will typically come out and have a mentality they're going to do defensively. We have to adjust to that. If they're playing us in an aggressive way, we'll probably throw it more. But we're running the ball really well, so we can't ever abandon that,” said UK offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson.

Redshirt freshman quarterback Drew Barker graded out well in his first start last week in the easy win over Charlotte.

"He did a really good job of two things, in my opinion. Third and medium was an emphasis for us. Just sitting in the pocket, triggering it, and he did it. I thought he did a good job there, and then when things broke down, he did a good job of keeping the play alive and improvising. A couple times, it was good to see,” Dawson said.

He’s not worried about the “heated rivalry” with Louisville impacting Barker, who was involved in a pregam scuffle at Louisville last year.

“We're just gonna play ball. He's pretty loose out there. We're just gonna go with what we see,” Dawson said. "I hoping he handles it really well. He’s got a great look in his eye, and he’s a competitive kid. So, he’s ready.

“It means a whole lot, obviously, to the state and to the people on each team. But what I do know about rivalries from the past is that all that's over after play one. You got to play ball. I don't really take too much into that, to be honest with you. After the first couple plays that's over. You just got to execute."
    Comments 6 Comments
      catmanjack -
      Would much rather UK be able to run the ball to win.
      dan_bgblue -
      Several of you watch the Oline play and can probably answer this question. Does UK run any plays that include pulling a guard and filing the hole left by the guard with the fullback, or just slant the tackle down to the inside to cover the hole and run a play behind the pulling guard? If so does it happen very often, like 5 times a game?
      catmanjack -
      I see very few if any pulling plays, not sure UK has the speed to pull the Guard.
      dan_bgblue -
      Thanks very much. I could not remember any at all, but thought I just was not paying attention closely enough
      jazyd -
      Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
      I see very few if any pulling plays, not sure UK has the speed to pull the Guard.
      Or stop DE's
      kingcat -
      Not a good time of year to wear feathers.

GO CATS!
  • KSR Twitter Feed