Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Cats continue to struggle from afar

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Kentucky’s misses from 3-point range continued Tuesday night even though the Cats beat Boston University 82-62.

The Wildcats were only 3-for-15 from 3-point range with only Jamal Murray (2-for-5) and Tyler Ulis (1-for-5) making a trey. That dropped UK’s percentage from long range to 23 percent after five games.

“We do have good shooters. We just don't have good makers,” joked Calipari after the game. “We got to make some 3’s. You can't go 3-for-15. I think on the year we're shooting 23 percent. And we're still scoring a lot of ... think about it, what I'm saying. What if we made five or seven more 3’s. And we're capable of that. We're just not doing it right now.”

Calipari didn’t mind UK taking 15 3-pointers against Boston University.

“Like some of them were open, but our whole thing was, let's go inside, let's throw lobs, let's offensive rebound, let's drive the lane if they play zone,” Calipari said. “I thought Tyler should have taken a couple others. Like he took a tougher shot on the drive. I said, ‘You got to shoot the first one, and we’ve got to live with it. And then you got to get in the gym and make sure you're getting more confident shooting the ball.’

“Because we all watched him, he was a 43 percent 3-point shooter this year. What is he this year? Sixteen percent. Think about that. He was a 42, 43 percent 3-point shooter last year, so he has it, he's just not making them.”

Murray, who had 12 points, three rebounds and two assists, said the Cats missed shots they normally make. Murray said he doesn’t think the misses will continue.

“I mean, we just missed shots. We’re not going to hit every one. We definitely missed more than we normally do. That’s just us mentally trying to hit the shots,” Murray said.

Murray said all the players had confidence in Ulis’ shooting.

“We all know Tyler can shoot. He’s struggling a little bit right now, but he’ll pick it up for sure. Right now he has his confidence a little bit low, and that’s when we try to give him shots in the second half. But we’re not worried about that. We know he can shoot,” Murray said.

Murray says the Cats have to be “encouraging” to Ulis or any players in shooting slumps.

“You want to give him the ball. You want to get him into rhythm because he’ll be a threat. We don’t have a problem with giving him the ball,” Murray said. “we’re a good shooting team. We struggled to make shots, but we’ll pick it up. That’s something we’re not worried about as a team.”
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post