Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Players-only meeting "nothing earth-shattering"

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Kentucky linebacker Josh Forrest and quarterback Patrick Towles called a players-only meeting Tuesday after the Cats lost their third straight game against Tennessee to drop to 4-4 going into Saturday's game at Georgia.

"I hope it has a positive effect. It’s nothing earth-shattering, no panic button," Kentucky coach Mark Stoops said. "Those guys had talked to me. I saw Josh in the building on Sunday, and we were just having a great conversation. Guys were good, in good spirits, and he just said he had a few things to talk to the team.

"Patrick had class on Monday before our meeting, so they waited until Tuesday. Just wanted to talk to the team, so I don’t think it’s anything major or anything like that.”

Offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson believed the meeting was a good thing for the players.

"Our kids care. I don’t think it’s bad or good. I think at times everybody, including myself, needs to be set straight," Dawson said. "So I don’t think there’s anything wrong with having meetings and having leaders stand up and voice their opinion, not just on a team but in every sector of society. That probably works to the benefit of the group.”
    Comments 2 Comments
      catmanjack -
      It was mentioned by Horton I believe that he said most of the players are on the same
      page, how could they all not be in the same page?
      ebarbaau -
      kiss of death meeting
  • KSR Twitter Feed