Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky injury update: Boom Williams out vs Georgia, more updates

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Stock Photo - Wikimedia Commons

Leading rusher Boom Williams will not play against Georgia Saturday because of an elbow injury suffered against Tennessee last week.

“It will be week-to-week, but he is out right now,” said Stoops Monday.

He also had to update other injuries.

— Wide receiver Joey Herrick: “Yeah, right now, Joey and Boom will be out this game for sure. Joey has a bone bruise. We were glad it was not a more significant knee injury.”

— Quarterback Drew Barker: “He could not play this past Saturday. He was not able to play. We do anticipate he will be able play this week.”
    Stoops said he could not answer if he would have played Barker last week if he had been healthy since his shoulder injury would not allow him to play.

— Safety Darius West: “We are hoping he could play this week. I will let you know more as the week goes on. But anticipate he will be in there. Again, a lot of those guys that are in there and practice, it is just how effective they are. A lot of that goes around to game time and how effective they are and moving around in pregame.”

— Offensive tackle George Asafo-Adjei: “George is dinged up. He is. He has a sprain. He will be a guy that I’ll update you throughout the week but they told me this morning he will be out there this week, but not today.”
    Comments 15 Comments
      Doc -
      Why the big secret on the actual injury to Williams? "Elbow injury"? Do we have a medical staff that can't diagnose, like when Jodie Meeks had the sports hernia or is it just a secret new strategy so GA doesn't know either because it will affect their game plan? Or maybe UK fans actually care about their players and want to know how bad an injury is, possibly because they are concerned about the player and person?
      catmanjack -
      Looked really serious to me.
      VirginiaCat -
      I was in a cast for 3 weeks with a dislocated elbow and swelling in place for another 3 that grossly limited my motion...
      Padukacat -
      Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
      I was in a cast for 3 weeks with a dislocated elbow and swelling in place for another 3 that grossly limited my motion...
      But you don't have a kick a$$ name like "boom"!
      Doc -
      edit...thanks Darrell
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      Well, that looks like a fracture to me. Hate it for him as its not a "good" one. Distal fractures don't have a lot of bone to work with so makes the surgeons job a tough one. But I'd heard all kinds of things and I'm glad most of them were wrong. This looks like something that won't be too devastating for him and his future.
      Sorry, I just picked a Wikimedia commons elbow injury photo to use for the injury. That's not Boom Williams. My mistake.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
      blueboss -
      I often wonder why programs are so cryptic about injuries. I've guessed that it had to do with divulging info that could prove detrimental to their future. Or it could be they just feel it's nobody's damn business other than the programs and the families.

Leaving it to speculation just doesn't seem prudent..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Sorry, I just picked a Wikimedia commons elbow injury photo to use for the injury. That's not Boom Williams. My mistake.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
      OK, well then I'm going to edit my post.
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
      I often wonder why programs are so cryptic about injuries. I've guessed that it had to do with divulging info that could prove detrimental to their future. Or it could be they just feel it's nobody's damn business other than the programs and the families.

Leaving it to speculation just doesn't seem prudent..

I understand about the medial aspect and privacy issues however if the arm is fractured its not like some uber secret. Kids out for the year. Lots of folks are concerned for him and I don't just mean from a sport issue and how it affects the team. Kid gets suspended for the season for violation of drugs or because he can't pass remedial english and they announce that but breaks his arm or blows out a knee in a game on national TV and that's a secret????
      Darrell KSR -
      My fault--was just trying to add a little "art" to be different for the front page, and was going to pick out a red cross, or bandaid or something, and saw that and thought I'd post it. I forget that we have real medical professionals here who would know what it is instantly and be able to describe it.

I edited underneath the article to point out it's just a Wikimedia stock photo so hopefully it doesn't mislead others.
      OK, well then I'm going to edit my post.
      Terry Blue -
      Because of confidentiality issues they don,t want to get detailed
      Padukacat -
      Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
      Because of confidentiality issues they don,t want to get detailed
      Maybe its actually the problems that kept him off the field early in the year...but they are going to use the elbow as an excuse, Its a conspiracy??? just kidding.
      blueboss -
      I understand about the medial aspect and privacy issues however if the arm is fractured its not like some uber secret. Kids out for the year. Lots of folks are concerned for him and I don't just mean from a sport issue and how it affects the team. Kid gets suspended for the season for violation of drugs or because he can't pass remedial english and they announce that but breaks his arm or blows out a knee in a game on national TV and that's a secret????
      I know, seems silly.

Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      My fault--was just trying to add a little "art" to be different for the front page, and was going to pick out a red cross, or bandaid or something, and saw that and thought I'd post it. I forget that we have real medical professionals here who would know what it is instantly and be able to describe it.

I edited underneath the article to point out it's just a Wikimedia stock photo so hopefully it doesn't mislead others.
      I should have realized when the bones were labelled, unless Boom came with markers
      MTcatfan -
      Must not have been that severe, as he is now listed as day to day.
  • KSR Twitter Feed