Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• UK commit Drake Jackson named U.S. Army All-American

ROCKAWAY, N.J. (October 23, 2015) – Drake Jackson of Woodford County High School, Versailles, KY, has been selected to join an elite group of All-Americans for the 2016 U.S. Army All-American Bowl. Those selected will play in the annual East vs. West match-up on Saturday, Jan. 9, 2016, at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. The game will be televised live on NBC at 1 p.m. EST and will feature the nation’s top 90 high school football players.

“Drake has demonstrated versatility and adaptability both on and off the football field,” said Mark S. Davis, deputy assistant secretary of the Army for marketing. “It is these skills – skills we instill in every Army soldier – that have guided our selection of all of the 2016 U.S. Army All-American Bowl players. We are pleased to welcome these talented athletes to this year’s elite team and we congratulate each of them on their selection.”

Jackson was selected by the U.S. Army All-American Bowl Selection Committee, which consists of All American Games, 247Sports and XOS Digital. U.S. Army All-Americans are eligible for the U.S. Army Player of the Year Award, the Anthony Muñoz Lineman of the Year Award, the American Family Insurance Defensive Player of the Year Award, the Pete Dawkins Game MVP Award and the Felix “Doc” Blanchard and Glenn Davis Awards.

As a result of Jackson being selected for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl, his head coach Steve Stonebraker is invited to travel to San Antonio to attend the U.S. Army Coaches Academy, an elite three-day learning experience, and participate in Bowl Week activities.

For 16 years, the U.S. Army All-American Bowl has been the nation’s premier high school football game, serving as the preeminent launching pad for America’s future college and NFL stars. Andrew Luck, Odell Beckham Jr. and Jamaal Charles made their national debuts as U.S. Army All-Americans, and a total of five U.S. Army All-American Bowl alumni were drafted in the first round of the 2015 NFL Draft. The 2015 U.S. Army All-American Bowl drew a crowd of 35,687 to the Alamodome.

The U.S. Army All-American Bowl is owned and produced by All American Games, a New Jersey-based sports marketing and event management company. The U.S. Army is the title sponsor of the U.S. Army All-American Bowl, and American Family Insurance is the lead national sponsor and presenting sponsor of the telecast on NBC. Other national sponsors include adidas, Gatorade, San Antonio Visitors Bureau, 247Sports, XOS Digital, NCSA, Lockheed Martin, Xenith, Battle Sports Science, NewTek and Football University. National sponsors of the U.S. Army All-American Marching Band include: The National Association for Music Education, Drum Corps International, Jupiter Band Instruments, Mapex Marching Percussion, Majestic Concert Percussion and DeMoulin Uniforms.
    Comments 1 Comment
      dan_bgblue -
      A big congratulations to Drake. Being selected is quite an honor.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post