Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Williams, MacGinnis ready to go against Auburn

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Kentucky sophomore running back Boom Williams was at practice again Monday and coach Mark Stoops said he was “ready to go” for next week’s nationally televised game against Auburn.

He missed two day of practice last week and did not dress for the Eastern Kentucky game even though he was on the sideline and Stoops said he was not suspended.

“He had some personal issues that affected him and we had to help him through that, and he had to help himself through that. We ask you to respect his personal issues,” Stoops told the media Monday. “As I told you before: If there was a suspension with something off the field with anything, I would’ve told you that.

“It was an issue with him and it affected him. Those issues that he had, that he shared with me, affected his performance, and it affected the way he acted and what he did.”

Stoops also indicated that kicker Austin MacGinnis, who did not play against Eastern because of a groin strain, should be back for Auburn.

“Our trainers tell me he should be fine. They did an MRI; there’s nothing but a pull, and I don’t think anything significant, so I would hope he would be fine by the end of this week,” Stoops said.

The UK coach also took senior punter Landon Foster out for one punt last week, something he has not done before.

“We were just frustrated with Landon, you know? I’ve told y’all many times leading up to that — and I told the team: Landon was put on notice, too. Every kicker, everybody on our team, if they’re not playing up to their potential, then it’s next man up,” Stoops said. “We appreciate Landon, he’s a great kid. But we felt like he could punt the ball better. Took him out for a play; it certainly could’ve – it did bite us. And he responded by coming back and having some good punts.”
    Comments 3 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      Good news for the team for sure. Hope both Williams and Foster have their heads screwed on straight as they will be equally important in the effort against Aubie.
      Darrell KSR -
      I believe Foster will respond with his best game.

Hopefully they were being extra-cautious with MacGinnis in a game UK ran away with. Or so the thought process went. I bet if last Saturday's game was Auburn, he would've kicked. Just my WAG.

I think they treated it like a bye week.

No idea what was going on with Boom, but I like the way Stoops handled it. Whatever it was, it allowed Boom to save face, and be ready to go against Auburn. I THINK we'll see a rested Boom with something to prove Thursday.
      MickintheHam -
      I am growing a bit concerned with Auburn's personnel issues. It will be interesting to see what impact the Duke Williams dismissal might have. I learned this morning that his roommate was Jeremy Johnson, the now #2 QB who was hyped as Heisman Trophy material before the season. He is now in the running this week to be the Number 1 Man at QB for Aubie. Does this mean the reason or part of the reason for his poor performance earlier was his roommate was a major distraction? The guy was a poison to the team chemistry. Does getting rid of Williams mean Aubie will be more focused? Does it mean its the final straw before Auburn tanks. Lots of unanswered questions and it could mean we see a different Auburn team, good or bad. Certainly, there will be a story line and lots of drama by the time the game is over.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post