Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Cat Walk MIA: Stanley Williams

By: LARRY VAUGHT

If you were at yesterday's Cat Walk before Kentucky played Florida, there was something missing.

Stanley Williams, the father of UK running back Boom Williams, entertained fans at the Cat Walk last year and then this season came out in shoulder pads, cleats, football pants, jersey and even eye black for the Louisiana-Lafayette game and really got the Cat Walk crowd hyped before the players arrived. ESPN liked it so much that they featured him on air.

He wore the same gear at South Carolina — and also had his megaphone with him again — and once again was a hit with fans.

Today he arrived at the stadium about nine hours before kickoff and roamed the area talking and mingling with fans. I spent about 20 minutes with him and 30 fans came to take pictures.

“I must have taken 200 photos at one spot earlier,” Williams said.

But as the Cat Walk crowd gathered, he suddenly vanished.

What happened?

“The (UK) policeman told me that (UK coach Mark) Stoops did not want me out there and I couldn’t be,” Williams said.

Say what? The UK coach would not want the father of a player helping energize Commonwealth Stadium’s second straight sellout crowd and setting the pregame tone for enthusiasm.

Fan after fan came saw Williams and asked him why he was not out there.

Comments ranged from “do it anyway” to “tell Stoops to kiss my A?!” to “how crazy is that even for Kentucky.”

In fairness, there’s no way of knowing if Stoops really sent that message or not. I would tend to think he would have delivered any message like that directly to Williams himself instead of just happening to mention it to a random policeman who happened to be exactly where Williams was at the Cat Walk getting ready to energize fans.

Kentucky football needs more excitement, not less. While Boom Williams can provide the excitement on the field, his father has done a great job with the pregame atmosphere and has become a fan favorite. He even wore a blue wig today as a new touch for his game-day outfit.

We’re going to discuss this on WLAP (630 AM) Sunday morning along with having singer J.D. Shelburne, who did a great job with the pregame concert, on to discuss the pregame and game.

Hopefully whatever happened this week can be worked out and Williams will be back out energizing and entertaining fans when UK hosts Missouri Sept. 26.
    Comments 7 Comments
      Jeeepcat -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      By: LARRY VAUGHT

Attachment 4886

If you were at yesterday's Cat Walk before Kentucky played Florida, there was something missing.

Stanley Williams, the father of UK running back Boom Williams, entertained fans at the Cat Walk last year and then this season came out in shoulder pads, cleats, football pants, jersey and even eye black for the Louisiana-Lafayette game and really got the Cat Walk crowd hyped before the players arrived. ESPN liked it so much that they featured him on air.

He wore the same gear at South Carolina — and also had his megaphone with him again — and once again was a hit with fans.

Today he arrived at the stadium about nine hours before kickoff and roamed the area talking and mingling with fans. I spent about 20 minutes with him and 30 fans came to take pictures.

“I must have taken 200 photos at one spot earlier,” Williams said.

But as the Cat Walk crowd gathered, he suddenly vanished.

What happened?

“The (UK) policeman told me that (UK coach Mark) Stoops did not want me out there and I couldn’t be,” Williams said.

Say what? The UK coach would not want the father of a player helping energize Commonwealth Stadium’s second straight sellout crowd and setting the pregame tone for enthusiasm.

Fan after fan came saw Williams and asked him why he was not out there.

Comments ranged from “do it anyway” to “tell Stoops to kiss my A?!” to “how crazy is that even for Kentucky.”

In fairness, there’s no way of knowing if Stoops really sent that message or not. I would tend to think he would have delivered any message like that directly to Williams himself instead of just happening to mention it to a random policeman who happened to be exactly where Williams was at the Cat Walk getting ready to energize fans.

Kentucky football needs more excitement, not less. While Boom Williams can provide the excitement on the field, his father has done a great job with the pregame atmosphere and has become a fan favorite. He even wore a blue wig today as a new touch for his game-day outfit.

We’re going to discuss this on WLAP (630 AM) Sunday morning along with having singer J.D. Shelburne, who did a great job with the pregame concert, on to discuss the pregame and game.

Hopefully whatever happened this week can be worked out and Williams will be back out energizing and entertaining fans when UK hosts Missouri Sept. 26.
      Curious to find our what really happened here. Thanks LV
      CGWildcat -
      Interesting.
      kingcat -
      Embarrassing if true
      blueboss -
      Perhaps Boom isn't as enamored with his fathers outfit as the rest of the crowd, perhaps he expressed as much to HCMS.

Think about it when you were his age would you be excited to see your dad dressed in a similar out fit to shown around the country/world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Jeeepcat -
      Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
      Perhaps Boom isn't as enamored with his fathers outfit as the rest of the crowd, perhaps he expressed as much to HCMS.

Think about it when you were his age would you be excited to see your dad dressed in a similar out fit to shown around the country/world

That occurred to me along with other scenarios.
      kingcat -
      The UK head coach doesn't have time to concern himself with such matters.
      blueboss -
      Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
      The UK head coach doesn't have time to concern himself with such matters.
      Sadly he does...

• KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post