Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Florida not overconfident going into Saturday night's contest vs Kentucky

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Even though Florida has won 28 straight games against Kentucky there is no reason for the Gators to be overconfident going into Saturday night’s game.

“We’re as far from being overconfident in anything we do based on what we’ve been through,” Florida coach Jim McElwain said.

He says UK has more reason to be confident coming off a win at South Carolina than the Gators do even though both teams are 2-0.

“Look at how they figured out how to get a win on the road last week against a really good South Carolina outfit,” he said. “Goes back to you can see by just watching the video, the excitement on their sideline, the belief in how hard they are playing, finding ways to win games. That’s a credit to that coaching staff and what they’re establishing there.

“We open up SEC play on the road against a team that’s really playing lights out. You can tell the growth and the belief in what they’re doing as a staff there and their guys are really playing well. They’ve got good players.”
    Comments 4 Comments
      suncat05 -
      They believe this will be an easy win for them. They think we're going to lay down. Just like many past Kentucky teams have done against Florida. They don't see this streak ending.

All bad things must come to an end.
      UKFlounder -
      I hope Kentucky isn't overconfident. I do but the players are, I think some of our fans are - and there may be a lot of depression on UK boards if the Gators win Saturday night. We may be setting ourselves up for a big letdown if the streak continues.
      suncat05 -
      This is a pick 'em game. Straight up. But I think it's time for the football gods to smile on us for a change.
      Edward100 -
      Some say why...others say why not!
  • KSR Twitter Feed