Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Practice Notes 9/1/15

By: LONNY DEMAREE

The positions are quickly coming to a set position in what the rotation positions and personnel groupings will look like. A position such as defensive end where the likes of a Alvin "Bud" Dupree and Za'Darius played but are now in the NFL. Former head coach Joker Phillips said that a guy that he recruited defensive end Alvonte Bell, at a rain delay on a local golf course told yours truly that Bell would not play the Jack Linebacker at UK but rather he would play with his hand on the ground. Defensive coordinator D. J. Eliot said Bell was now playing the defensive spot and that he felt that was his best for the program.

1) Outside linebacker coach Andy Buh said he thinks Bell will be a force when he learns the game at the major college level. "The fit for him and is better and in addition to him being able to position himself for early playing time," Buh said. He said that jack linebacker takes a lot longer because of the intricacies of the Jack linebacker. "I don't know if it was fair throwing him in there early," lamented Buh. "I was watching film with coach Brumbaugh today I said look at Bell he's already playing a lot faster and looks good."

1a) We said to Bell that Eliot said he see's him as a 290-pound defensive in the future who now has gained eight pounds since he been at UK (now 263). A questionable smiled came across his face and he said, "I don't think so but maybe 275-pounds."

2) Buh was asked who the younger players turn to for help on the field with their technique and positioning. He said - "Without a doubt it's Jabari Johnson. Jabari is a mentally and physically mature guy that's playing some good football now that he's completely healthy."

3) Early in fall practice Buh said that he felt that UK's talent matched up favorably with the upper half of the Big Ten and the Pac 10. We asked him if he still felt that strongly and has anything changed about the Wildcats? "Absolutely not," he strongly said. "I think this is a talent rich team. I don't know how we compare to the team in the SEC but in other places that I've been we would be in the upper echelon in those conferences."

3a) He said he doesn't see players (his) as young players. "Are they trained or are they untrained," Buh said. "I don't look at their age. We expect them one-hundred percent to do their job when we put them out their.

4) Buh said against Louisiana Lafayette's dynamic running back Elijah McGuire they have to hold their gaps and assignments. He said with a back like him that dip deep inside and suddenly dips outside, if the players that customarily look inside will have to beware of him doing just that. Buh said what helps their preparation is the Wildcats that in Boom Williams UK has a back like McGuire.

5) Eliot was asked what has changed about his defense that leads him to believe they Will be a lot better? He said it starts with his senior nose-guard; next it's senior Josh Forrest; and then a much more seasoned Marcus McWilson a big, strong, physical safety. Some key spots that they didn't necessarily have last year.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post