Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• At Every Level the Word “Confidence” Coming out of the UK Camp

BY: LONNY DEMAREE

“You have to have confidence,” D. J. Eliot in no uncertain terms stated. “You can't play this game without confidence. We encourage confidence. In order to have confidence they have to be sure in what they are doing and have some success doing it.

We asked offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson where his confidence level as ascended to from his arrival to now. “It's high,” Dawson said. “When ever you are new I think there's a honeymoon period and then there's the process of playing a game together. And so there's still some unknowns with our players and things that going to get ironed out during the course of a game. Obviously a game is different than practice but I think they are going to respond great. My confidence is high but still I'm eager to see them do it.” Obviously having fun plays into confidence among the players and coaches alike. One example among the coaches is a drill they have to thud-tackle with other and Chad Scott has won the lot of them. The players get a hilarious kick from this happening.

Stoops said they are allowed to have some fun out there. He said - “It's a grind especially during two-a-days. It's hard and physical. I'm confident. We are much improved. We have a much better mindset. Again, we are allowed to have fun sometimes.” One very specific reason for Stoops confidence resides within his bailiwick. That being in freshman corner-back Chris Westry that the confidently compares potentially to Antoine Cason who he coached at Arizona university to a first round draft choice. Stoops started Cason as a freshman. “We've got numbers but I want to see elite players in the secondary.”

Patrick with confidence talked about the proficiency of the offensive line he has blocking for him. Towles went on the SEC Network and informed them Kentucky had the ability to reach the SEC championship. We asked him what was the main source of his bulbous prediction. “Receiver depth,” he quickly responded.

“One handed catches helps with confidence,” wider receiver coach Tommy Mainord said referring to those made by his players. “You are not out running people in this league so you have to make tough catches.

“Competition is a good thing,” Garrett “Juice” Johnson said. “Quarterbacks are trusting us and we have been waiting on that. Towles expects us to make plays and it gives us and him confidence. It's a fun thing to watch. Johnson said Dorian Baker is a freak. “He's very mature and he comes to work every practice.” Perhaps Baker who has been adorned the handle “AP” (American Pharoah) in the wake of the upset defeat in the Tavers Stakes, he can carry on the horse's legacy until he runs at Keeneland in October.
    Comments 1 Comment
      anderwt -
      Lonny I think the offense is ready to roll. Our wr's and rb's are SEC guys along with both WB's...I worry that the LB's will give up a ton of rushing yards..we need Flanagan back by the usc game..
  • KSR Twitter Feed