Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Murray expected to have a great freshman season

By: LARRY VAUGHT

ESPN recruiting director Paul Biancardi is a big fan of Kentucky freshman guard Jamal Murray.

“I had a chance to call the Nike Hoop Summit where he was the leading scorer,” said Biancardi. “He put on a tremendous display of scoring and really showed what kind of point guard ability he had.”

But Biancard says he can also do a lot more.

“He can really get his own shot and he can make those shots,” Biancardi said. “I think he is also far more athletic than many people realize and know about. He’s really like a pure combo guard. But when you are the leading scorer at the Nike Hoop Summit, that says a lot about your game.”

Biancardi thinks it took Murray some time to adjust to playing with talented 7-foot Thon Maker last year when he switched to Orangeville Prep.

“It just took time for him to adjust. That was a different situation,” Biancardi said. “But he just got better and better and now I think we all really expect him to have a great freshman season.”
    Comments 1 Comment
      kingcat -
      I expect a great season from that young man. That said, the expectations for him by many is no less than a national POY candidate and the leader of this UK team. Even as far as believing he is the best guard to ever play for UK.

I hope that isn't putting burdensome and unrealistic expectations on a great young player, as it IS overlooking and perhaps slightly disrespectful of the other talent at Cal's disposal. There are several equally talented players on this UK team
  • KSR Twitter Feed