Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• The Wall Ahead is a Irritated Mark Stoops

By: LONNY DEMAREE

“Not a very good practice today,” was the post-practice highly perturbed comments of Mark Stoops after Friday's practice. “We took a step back – didn't perform like we have all camp. So we've got to have a good scrimmage tomorrow (Saturday). Conversely, anything but that took place in today's scrimmage. One of the irony's of the lack of execution is the question I posed about the lack of talk about Ryan Timmons last years leading receiver becoming a forgotten man? Stoop said yesterday he is doing fine. He said - “He (Timmons) was open twice today (Friday) and they missed him.”

Some obtrusive observers said their legs are tired and they've hit a wall. Marcus McWilson said his body is tired. Well, the wall they've got to get over labeled “the Mark Stoops Wall” is going to be a lot higher than the one they've hit. What are they going to do in the fourth quarter or in the second half of the season such as last season,” said the legendary Wilbur Hackett. “This is the SEC and you've got to grind like it's the last play you will ever play.”

Stoops said he was disappointment after today's scrimmage on either side of the ball. He said he wasn't pleased with their focus, their effort, and their overall execution. “Just good enough,” Stoops said. He said no sense of urgency. He said he's go to look at some things they are doing and re-evaluate some things. Stoops hinted could there could be some changes on the depth chart. As has been said many times in the past, the bench is the best motivator. What appeared to disturb the coach most was the seniors and leaders didn't step up and lead. He was asked if he was pleased about anything today? He said - “The punters and kickers kicked good. (Steve) Spurrier will be talking about our punter again because if we play like that we won't be getting many first downs.”

Stoops said if their wasn't something going on in the stadium tonight he would have them back out there to night Ala The Bear (Bryant). The main positive if any today is some key players were back on the field – Boom Williams and Kyle Meadows.

Stoops not excepting any excuses said you can overcome many things with mental toughness.
    Comments 3 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      Thanks for the report Lonny. A coach can recognize the difference between players having tired legs and them wanting to take a practice off because they did not want to push thru. Disappointed to hear that the leaders decided to leave it in the locker room as well.
      Carolinawildcats -
      I am so excited about UK Football. As I get older, the more I want to see us succeed. Playing in this league, I'm not sure that it will ever be possible to meet our expectations. I just keep telling myself that every now and then every squirrel finds a nut. Let's Go CATS!!!

Peace

Richard (CW)
      Terry Blue -
      Stoops tweeted out late last night they were practicing again, haven't seen the results
  • KSR Twitter Feed