Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Mark Stoops Said all was Good in Todays Scrimmage

by: LONNY DEMAREE

Mark Stoops like the chance for his team to for the first time getting out on the new turf in a full scale scrimmage. He said they got some good work but have some things they need to clean up but he said that is what practice is for. Today was culmination of how the last couple of practices have gone. Good. "Made a step forward today," Stoops said. "I was please, I was really with the amount of work we got done this weeks as well."

Stoops expressed his pleasure about the balance they had on both side of the ball. They ran it well but got the ball down the field too. One area he had been chagrined about was ball security so much so he brought officials into his practice to police the situation. "We took care of the ball very well," a relieved Stoops said.

Stoops said that Reese Phillips will be back and that he's out there working out. Stoops said - "He just can't go live."

The 'eye in the sky' said that Darius West is a beast that hits like a linebacker. Stoops also express good things about his young safeties. He said they triggered well and made some good plays. The 'eye in the sky' buttressed what the coaching staff has been saying about the young running back Sihiem King this week. King can make plays and they are going to have to find a way to play him. Stoops said the other backs all ran well and singled out the down-hill running of Mikel Horton, something he hadn't been doing to their liking.

The eye in the sky says that Courtney Love looks like a playmaker. The coach say they still got some things they need to clean up and sent some more information to the NCAA. They are practicing like they are not going to have him. Stoops said Hatcher has done everything he needs to do and he is getting reps in practice - just not as many as he normally would.
    Comments 8 Comments
      PedroDaGr8 -
      I can't get over, whenever I see the name Courtney Love I think this:

As for the team, I am damn excited to see how they play this year! It will be nice being close to KY now, having the games at reasonable hours!
      dan_bgblue -
      Lonny that is good info. The quotes from Coach did not read the same as quotes from him at this time of the year for the past 2 years. Do you get the feeling that he truly feels, not coach speak feelings, but truly feels he has a team that can and will compete for 60 mins all season long?
      Padukacat -
      Wasn't stamps the guy that seemed to be a break out defensive guy early last year or am I mistaken? What has happened to him?
      dan_bgblue -
      I recall Darrell posting a two deep depth chart after the spring practices were over and here again I think I remember Stamps being the #1 at free safety. I suspect he is a known quantity so the unknowns are getting the most interest and the most press. Jmho
      truecatsfan -
      Watch out for West, he is the real deal.
      LonnyDemaree -
      I truly do feeling that Stoops is feeling about this team.
      LonnyDemaree -
      To many minutes and eight straight tougher competition games. Each player plays better with better players around him.
      dan_bgblue -
      Thanks very much Lonny. Coach is a straight shooter so if he is feeling good about this years team it makes me feel good about the chances for an improved team this season.
  • KSR Twitter Feed