Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Mark Stoops on Kentucky's Wide Receivers: Timmons, Badet, Montgomery, Snodgrass

From Larry Vaught --

Question: You have great depth at receiver, but do you need a go-to guy on third down when everybody in the stadium knows you will throw and he can still make a play?

Stoops: “It is yet to be determined to see if anybody emerges that way. We definitely have more depth. You look at a couple of games last year and the exciting part is if you look at production in some of the big games and it was true freshman wideouts making the big plays along with Ryan (Timmons), who was a sophomore at the time. I expect Ryan to have a big year. Everybody has kind of forgotten about him, but Ryan is an exceptional football player. You have to remember our first two years here he was the only guy we had. Ryan was the guy we had a lot of faith and confidence in could be a difference-maker. That is what we are continuing to look for is those difference-makers. Just playing Louisville last year and great team top to bottom but definitely a difference maker outside (in DeVante Parker).”

Question: What about three receivers who did not play last year in Jeff Badet and Alex Montgomery who were injured and Thaddeus Snodgrass who redshirted?

Stoops: “Jeff and Alex are back full throttle. Good news is they are third year guys playing as sophomores. Put them in mix with other sophomores and bunch of good players and then Thaddeus, who we have high hopes for because he is a big, strong guy. He is a guy that gets better every day. He probably could have played last year, but so glad that we redshirted him. Jeff and Alex have experience and year one were two of our better receivers.”
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post