Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Steve Spurrier Shuns any Talk of Retirement

Steve Spurrier said he has not entertained any thought of retiring at the age of seventy. “I don't think I would be very good in retirement,” the coach said. “I don't really think about age. I work out more now during the regular season. Well I told people I breezed through age sixty, breezed through 65, and I'm going to try my best to breeze on through 70. He said we have two people running for president, “I think Hillary (Clinton) and Donald Trump are both sixty-nine. Coach K at Duke, He's still doing pretty good at, I think 69 also. So age doesn't mean a lot.”

Linebacker Skai Moore addressed the issue some during the interview process. He said - “There was some talk about that at the end of the season about that but it didn't effect me in any way. It was tough on us as players losing some of the games the way we did so I'm sure it was tough on the coach. Moore said they expect to be better this season and get back to where they were a couple of seasons ago with the eleven win seasons. They have a new defensive coordinator Jon Hoke that brings new schemes and new intensity.

Spurrier is no longer the 'fun and gun' offense they were in the past. The game has evolved and the coach has evolved with it. “We need to stay on the field,” Spurrier explained. “ I think we know the offense that can stay on the field a long time really helps your defense and helps you win the game.”

Spurrier said they have three quarterbacks competing for the starting job. He was ask how he felt about his QB situation going into fall camp and has the starter been resolved given Conner Mitch appeared be the leader coming out of spring? He said - “No, it hasn't been resolved.” He hinted that he has a freshman kid Lorenzo Nunez who is an excellent runner and he might have some plays for him.

Was any thought about the head coaches age any factor in wide receiver Pharoh Cooper coming to South Carolina? “Long jeopardy didn't play into my decision to come to South Carolina,” Cooper said. Cooper said followed horse racing's triple crown win on twitter and his notification blew up. American Pharoah spells his mane different than Cooper. He takes his lead from the horse in that his job is to lead, especially the young receivers.
    Comments 3 Comments
      Krank -
      He's right. He wouldn't be any good retired. He would have to find someone, or some "team" of people, to whine about.

"Yer weed-whacker is too loud! Change of possession!"
      Terry Blue -
      It would kill recruiting if he came out and said he's going to retire in two years, which I heard one analyst predicted on the radio today
      suncat05 -
      I hope he doesn't retire. I enjoy seeing the look on his face when he loses to us. Which is going to be happening a lot more.
  • KSR Twitter Feed