Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Vince Marrow says UK "One of top 5 facilities in country"

Sure some of you remember I was hearing this from a couple of contacts that know folks within the staff. Some of you scoffed at the idea and obviously Vince is a recruiter and a salesman. But you can read his quotes on Larry's blog on the subject. He's comparing our stadium to Raymond James and LSU
    Comments 49 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by MTcatfan View Post

Sure it is puffery...I guess I just don't see the point in why it matters if it is puffery or the truth?
      Why does it matter if some of us say it's puffery, and not accurate?

This is exactly the same thing I do when I say that coach Calipari is engaging in coachspeak.

Doesn't matter anymore here than it does there.
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by MTcatfan View Post
      Sure it is puffery, but he has to be able to back it up, and that is my point.
      But he doesn't. Not in the absolute way of kids coming in and saying it's not true.

Sure if they were crap he'd have a hard time making it sell, but if it's top 25 he can make his case. No doubt we'll have some stuff that's great, he'll say that's why it's Top 5.

this isn't some objective computer analysis. These are kids, and it's an emotional sell. Pitino straight faced sells kids on his ability to develop them for the NBA despite one of the worst NBA placement records of a major coach. Jon Edwards convinces hoards of people he can talk to the dead.

You can't sell a flat lie on something physical too well, but you can sure stretch the crap out of it just fine. If we were top 25 or 40 or whatever if judged by some totally objective criteria on which we could all arbitrarily agree, he could pick and choose his selling points and sell it just fine after that kind of comment.
      Terry Blue -
      If Guy Moriss, a former college player and coach, also a former NFL player and coach is suitably impressed, then why wouldn't a 17-18 year old kid?
      kingcat -
      Do we have some photos of the upgrades?
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
      If Guy Moriss, a former college player and coach, also a former NFL player and coach is suitably impressed, then why wouldn't a 17-18 year old kid?
      I think it's safe to assume they'll be impressive.
      kingcat -
      Not new, but this 2014 vid gets me pumped up and ready for some Wildcat football..

CitizenBBN -
      Shouldn't that be a Harry Potter video?
      kingcat -
      Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
      Shouldn't that be a Harry Potter video?
      Terry Blue -
      I think there's a new 2015 video out. We'll have Stoops speaking at the QB Club July 22 and then he and the coordinators will be at the annual UK Alum Lunch at the Galt House on July 31
  • KSR Twitter Feed