Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Calipari meets with Alkins

You can't help but like this kid! Tell me he wouldn't be an awesome addition to BBN!!!

Parts of his interview sound like exact outtakes of Calipari recruiting speeches!

Comments 29 Comments
      Hoss -
      One of my faves from 2016!
      Darryl -
      The Hoosiers have been in on him forever. Will be a real battle.

Darryl
      Hoss -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
      The Hoosiers have been in on him forever. Will be a real battle.

Darryl
      I will DEFINITELY take my chances with Cal vs Crean!

Has he ever truly beat us head to head for a player?

I know we would have liked to have had Blackmon, but seems like Booker was our preference.
      Darrell KSR -
      I give Crean the victory in getting Blackmon, but all other things being equal, I'll take Calipari every time in that battle.
      Hoss -
      I'm worried more about Villanova and St. John's. It will be interesting to see where he goes to Prep School?
      Hoss -
      You can't help but like this kid! Tell me he wouldn't be an awesome addition to BBN!!!

Parts of his interview sound like exact outtakes of Calipari recruiting speeches!

dtalbersjr -
      Hmmm, where have we heard this before:

@Iam_RawleAlkins 8h8 hours ago Georgia, USA
      Enjoy the Process
      Hoss -
      Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
      Hmmm, where have we heard this before:

@Iam_RawleAlkins 8h8 hours ago Georgia, USA
      Enjoy the Process
      Rock Hard Ten -
      Hoss, thanks for sharing the interview….a must viewing…..he is really articulate…..what a terrific demeanor

Come on down to Lexington, Mr. Alkins!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Hoss -
      Sounds like we're really after him, but I read somewhere else that he may wait till April...ughhh!

Here's an excerpt from a Jerry Meyer article on 247...

2016 five-star power guard Rawle Alkins played like a man amongst boys on Thursday night at the adidas Uprising. Kentucky's John Calipari and Indiana's Tom Crean had front row seats.

In a semifinal win over Indiana Elite, Alkins put up 24 points, 10 rebounds and six assists with zero turnovers for the New York Rens.

Alkins, 6-5, 210-pounds and out of New York City, will attend a yet to be determined prep school next year. He doesn't have a formal school list, but he did have this to say when asked who was recruiting him the hardest.

“Calipari, Kentucky. He’s at all my games. If its not him, it’s Coach Barbee,"
      Hoss -
      Finding a Prep school to attend is his next order of business.

Huntington, Montverde, Oak Hill, Brewster, & Vermont Academy are the ones I saw have already contacted him.
      LakeCat -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      I give Crean the victory in getting Blackmon, but all other things being equal, I'll take Calipari every time in that battle.
      I would ask Alkins where Booker is playing this coming year and where is Blackmon playing and then decide UK or IU.
      Krank -
      Quote Originally Posted by LakeCat View Post
      I would ask Alkins where Booker is playing this coming year and where is Blackmon playing and then decide UK or IU.

That and, of course, the truth is that Blackmon WANTED to come to UK. It was his Mom that out recruited Coach Calipari and Crean was therefore lucky.
      dtalbersjr -
      Alkins apparently absolutely killed it in the Championship game tonight:

@ChrisFisher247: Rawle Alkins going off: 25 points (8 of 13 FGs, 5 of 8 3PFGs) as NY Rens lead Atlanta Celtics 45-30. At halftime.

@AdamZagoria: Congrats to coach Andy Borman, @Iam_RawleAlkins, @Mheron_1 & the NY Rens on winning the adidas Gauntlet championship 80-66 over Atl Celtics

@ChrisFisher247: NY Rens win it 80-66 over the Atlanta Celtics. Rawle Alkins finishes with 34 points.
      dan_bgblue -
      I am just curious about one thing. That Jerry Meyer piece that Hoss shared lists him at 6'5" 210 and calls him a power forward. Is all of that right or is he looked at as a shooting wing?
      Rock Hard Ten -
      Adidas....any shoe issues here?
      Hoss -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      I am just curious about one thing. That Jerry Meyer piece that Hoss shared lists him at 6'5" 210 and calls him a power forward. Is all of that right or is he looked at as a shooting wing?
      He said he was a power forward? Far from it. He's a combo guard. Can play 1-3.

Edit: I re-read it, he calls him a "power guard".
      dan_bgblue -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
      He said he was a power forward? Far from it. He's a combo guard. Can play 1-3.

Edit: I re-read it, he calls him a "power guard".
      Thanks Hoss, I went back and re read it myself. It just did not register yesterday as I rarely if ever read the term "power guard" and when I read it yesterday it registered in my pea brain as power forward.
      Hoss -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      Thanks Hoss, I went back and re read it myself. It just did not register yesterday as I rarely if ever read the term "power guard" and when I read it yesterday it registered in my pea brain as power forward.
      It was easy to do. Power Guard is something you don't read everyday.

He IS a physical player. Reminds me a bit of Baron Davis.
      dtalbersjr -
      There's an article in IU's Rivals site saying Alkins told them he will not decide until after his senior season is over. There are no quotes, which always makes me skeptical, but sounds like he'll be a Spring decision.
  • KSR Twitter Feed