Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Aaron Harrison Looking Terrific At PG NBA Summer League: Today 16 Pts, 8 Assists, 4 R

Darryl
    Comments 11 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Final | Grizzlies 79, Hornets 75

Aaron Harrison: 16 pts, 8 asts, 4 rebs
      Andrew Harrison: 9 pts, 6 rebs, 2 asts

Attachment 4753
      anderwt -
      Aaron 1-9 from the 3...could Charlotte being seeing a good basketball player that maybe has not been playing the right positon? Aaron played the point today and looked good doing it.. Could be a long time Quality PG to bring off the bench for 20 a game
      KentuckyWildcat -
      Early on I said he needed to stay one year longer than Andrew and be our PG. He just doesn't shoot well enough or is athletic enough to play the 2 in the NBA. But they are both good enough to play. They are winners, I like winners on my team.
      Bakert -
      I watched a little yesterday and thought Aaron looked good. In what little I saw he successfully took the ball to the basket and scored twice. Didn't see Dakari play, but saw that he had 11 rbd and I believe 8-9 points in about 23 minutes.
      Doc -
      Dakari has the potential to be a rebounding machine
      UKinLA -
      (Charlotte/OKC game 7/4/15)
      Aaron played great when he wasn't jacking up threes. He had some open looks and some forced looks throughout the game. They just weren't falling. Most impressive was his defensive intensity and slashing to the bucket. I believe that the diving for loose balls and jumping into the passing lanes may be his ticket for a shot at the big club. Very heady game for him and he was all over the floor making smart plays.
      Dakari did what he does well by carving out space for rebounds. Great fundamental box outs which lent to some easy rebounds. Unfortunately we got to see Dakari doing that which drove many of us nuts last season at UK as he missed at least three shots from two feet in and was fouled on another that very easily could have been an "and-one" with some concentration.
      Rock Hard Ten -
      I am really pulling for Aaron. He is a very mature young man and will represent the BBN terrifically. I always thoroughly enjoyed listing to his interviews. He is one of the great Kentucky basketball heroes.
      CatQuick -
      Cheering for Aaron also, but summer league ball is not the NBA. Still see him at D league this year working on his game.
      Darrell KSR -
      That would've been a great experiment.
      Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
      Early on I said he needed to stay one year longer than Andrew and be our PG. He just doesn't shoot well enough or is athletic enough to play the 2 in the NBA. But they are both good enough to play. They are winners, I like winners on my team.
      Darryl -
      Aaron would have been the 3rd point on this upcoming team plus we would not have landed Jamal Murray (who may be Cal's most complete guard recruit ever).

I love Aaron and Andrew but I think they were THE major reason UK did not play more uptempo the last 2 seasons.

Would we rather have: Ulis/frosh Briscoe/frosh Murray/junior Mulder or Ulis/junior Aaron/perhaps junior Andrew?

Darryl
      UKHistory -
      Aaron and Andrew really are two of the more scrutinized players in recent UK history. Two Final Fours with the brothers in the starting backcourt. That is hard to pass up for a junior year even with a tremendous group coming in.

We are blessed to have such options that are really win-win scenarios.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post