Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• More tidbits from Mychal Mulder

(courtesy of Larry Vaught)

Here are a few nuggets from recent UK basketball signee Mychal Mulder:

— Playing in the NBA: “I think anybody who plays sports at this level has aspirations to play professionally. I have always had that dream but I have always taken it one step at a time. I wanted to win in high school and that was my goal. At Vincennes I wanted to maximize my potential. It gives me chills to watch the (NCAA) tournament and see the intensity. My dream has been to play on that stage and now I have the opportunity to get as many wins in Lexington as possible and then carry that to my next dream of playing professionally.”

— Advice to future players at Vincennes: “My advice would be to stay focused. Going the junior college route, people expect a lot of garbage out of you. They think you are lazy, not academically inclined. I would tell them coach Franklin always has your best interest in mind. He’s a hard coach to play for at times because he is so enthusiastic and intense but at the end of the day you will love him and he will love you. He will also get you as many wins as possible.”

— Future teammate Charles Matthews tweeting that UK would win the national title next year: "That is perfect. That is no pressure. As long as we push and work toward that goal I don't see why we cannot achieve it. Pressure is not an issue for us."

— Watching Kentucky play on its exhibition trip to Windsor, Canada, in the summer of 2010: “Anyone who loves basketball went to the games. They were a really good squad then and put a little smack on my team. Me and my dad and my high school coach where there. Nobody wanted to miss those games.”

— Why basketball over hockey: “I just had a love for it. I played baseball, soccer. I never did get into hockey. I knew early that basketball was my first love but I never expected an opportunity like I have now at Kentucky.”

— How anxious is he to be at Kentucky: “I think about it all the time. From the second I wake up until I go to sleep, I think about it. Growing up you watch Kentucky games and those are the games you dream of playing in. I am not intimidated that I did not take the same route to Kentucky as most guys there did. I still feel like my journey is a good story and will get better.”
    Comments 13 Comments
      Doc -
      I'm super excited about this addition. He brings a lot. Athleticism, experience, maturity,
      Darryl -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      I'm super excited about this addition. He brings a lot. Athleticism, experience, maturity,
      Me too, Doc.

Darryl
      anderwt -
      Not to steal the limelight from mulder, but Murray is making his decision in June..
      dtalbersjr -
      Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
      Not to steal the limelight from mulder, but Murray is making his decision in June..

I'm very wary about that report. The article that is the basis for that report has no quotes from Murray or his dad about a timeframe. It just makes the statement with no context. The only quotes I've seen from Murray or his Dad indicate it could be 2 months before he decides. I'm going to assume we won't hear anything until late July or early August and be pleasantly surprised if he decides soon.
      Rock Hard Ten -
      Love that Mychal genuinely loves us

Sounds like another silent assassin
      Doc -
      I think Mulder made a great decision. He puts himself in a position to get the recognition that many juco kids dont get by going to mid level schools. He has positioned himself to reciexe the recognition that he needs in 2 years to make it to the NBA if he is going to, and the situation is such that the opportunity is there.
      blueboss -
      Kid sounds like he is bringing maturity on and off the court and a team can never have enough of that.

I hope he realizes all of his dreams once he arrives, he may even help me realize a dream or two by bringing home #9 and that ever elusive goal of eclipsing #11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Krank -
      Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
      Kid sounds like he is bringing maturity on and off the court and a team can never have enough of that.

I hope he realizes all of his dreams once he arrives, he may even help me realize a dream or two by bringing home #9 and that ever elusive goal of eclipsing #11

Bossman, you DO know that Mulder will only be here TWO years, right? I mean, it would be incredible if he could be on a roster for FOUR straight National Championships, but I sorta doubt it happens.
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
      Bossman, you DO know that Mulder will only be here TWO years, right? I mean, it would be incredible if he could be on a roster for FOUR straight National Championships, but I sorta doubt it happens.
      Maybe he is hoping a few of those UCLA titles get vacated?
      Krank -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      Maybe he is hoping a few of those UCLA titles get vacated?
      File that under "similar to U**NC being penalized properly" in likelihood.

BTW, I gotta look into getting tickets to that game at Pauley. Might give me an excuse to see a game, er um, see some of my family that lives out there... yeah, that's the ticket.

Once in, I gotta find that ONE really good spot at PP to take a leak on as an appropriate tribute to the all-time LEAST properly penalized program in NCAA history.
      blueboss -
      Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
      Should have said #9 and "closer" to the ever elusive #11.. Plus it would be nice to lock down another set of "back to backs" while Mulder is on board.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes.

Krank -
      Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
      Should have said #9 and "closer" to the ever elusive #11.. Plus it would be nice to lock down another set of "back to backs" while Mulder is on board.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes.
      I'm pulling for the "P.H.D. Rule" to get him for four years.

Let's get Skal on that plan now and keep him for six.
      blueboss -
      LOL, I don't about you, but I'm tired of "close" maybe these kids can at least get us to "closer".

• KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post