Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky players gather thoughts about future

By: LARRY VAUGHT

INDIANAPOLIS — Kentucky players had only a few moments to try and gather their thoughts after suffering their first loss of the year Saturday when the NBA questions that had stayed away suddenly surfaced.

Some draft analyst project seven UK players — Willie Cauley-Stein, Karl-Anthony Towns, Dakari Johnson, Andrew Harrison, Trey Lyles, Aaron Harrison and Devin Booker — to opt to leave UK early for the draft despite Saturday’s loss to Wisconsin that ended Kentucky’s historic season.

“We’re not even thinking about that right now, honestly,” said Booker. “Like I said, I haven’t thought about it. As of now, I’m getting ready for my sophomore season. I’ll sit down with my family and just come to a decision.

“I figure some people will go. That’s just the nature of the game. So many talented players on our team. I have no clue on who’s going, who’s staying. I haven’t thought about it, honestly.”

Count sophomore guard Aaron Harrison in the group who could go to the NBA but says no decision has been made.

“Just have to get away from this. Can’t really let this affect you because you can’t make the right decision when there’s emotion involved,” he said.

Going to the draft likely would lead to him no longer playing with his brother, sophomore point guard Andrew Harrison.

“It’s kind of tough. Just being with somebody every day of your life, every second of your life, really. Thinking about having to live in different cities. That doesn’t feel real either. But it’s just part of growing up. You have to do things you don’t want to do sometimes,” Aaron Harrison said.

“In a couple weeks I’ll probably make up my mind, but I’m just worried about my guys on my team right now,” he said. “I mean it’s amazing (to play with my brother). You see what kind of plays he makes down the stretch. He’s the one that keeps me going when I don’t want to just continue. So I love him to death.”

Freshman Karl-Anthony Towns could be the first pick in the draft if he leaves.

“I don’t know. I can’t tell you. Right now I’m just ... I have no thoughts about that. I just want to be with my teammates — just be with them. That’s really it,” Towns said.

Sophomore Marcus Lee, who is expected to stay at UK, said it would be hard to see the team split up.

“I mean we still live together. We’re still very much a part of each other’s lives,” Lee said. “We’re never gonna lose each other’s (phone) numbers and that’s how I feel like we are. I can call any of them at any point in my life and they’ll come running ‘cause they’re my brothers. So we’ll never totally be apart.”
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post