Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Short-handed Tigers to face deep Wildcat team

By: LARRY VAUGHT

NASHVILLE — Auburn coach Bruce Pearl had a lot to say after his team's overtime win over LSU Friday that put it into Saturday's semifinal against No. 1 Kentucky, a team that crushed Auburn during the season.
    "I had said during the course of the season, I told my team, I said, 'We can beat any team in the league except Kentucky.' And the reason why I said that was because I truly wanted them to believe that we could beat Ole Miss or LSU or Arkansas or Georgia," Pearl said. "Because to just say we could beat any team in the league, I don't know that that would be a hundred percent.

"So we have this opportunity now to go play against the most storied program in the history of college basketball, the best team in the country, and in the semi‑finals of the SEC tournament. We will try to represent.

"We're going to be short‑handed. We're already the smallest team in the league, and probably the smallest team in of all the high major conferences going up against the biggest team maybe in the history of Division I basketball.

"So it's a tough matchup for the Tigers."

It will also be Auburn's fourth game in four days after coming into the tourney as the 13th seed. Kentucky did not play its first game until Friday.
    "Everything we could do to keep the kids off their feet tonight. The trainers, strength coaches, they will be working to keep them hydrated and stretched. And having been in this situation before, typically the third game is when you notice it, and we didn't notice it tonight. I did not notice fatigue," Pearl said.
    "Kentucky's depth is going to be an issue. Because LSU, they don't play. They're not real deep. Really, really talented front line and a really talented five or six, and so fatigue wasn't a disadvantage for us tonight."
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post