Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Florida succumbs to the talented Wildcats

As expected for most of the game the Gators played as tough as they could and the UK defense took over the game. The Cats were able to keep the rain off of them unlike yours truly who was sitting under a intermittent rain drop from the ceiling. The hope and adventure was to keep dry because of a slow leak over my head on press row. The Gators had a slow leak out in the basketball floor and was finally outscored by the Wildcats 64 and the Gators 49.

The loss wasn't unexpected for Billy Donovan's team because all you could ascertain from his pre-game comments was the Wildcats having too much for them to contend with. For much of the game the Gators led in most of the statistics but the one they eventually loss was the battle of the boards 39-33. You can't contend for forty minutes giving up offensive rebounds and second chance points.

Billy Dovovan said they had to play as a team, something he never got this team to do the entire season. He alluded to the difference of not having Patrick Young, Scottie Wilbekin, and Will Yeggette, who understood the need to play as a team. "it was a real challenge to get them to play as a team," a disgruntled Donovan said. "They never want to deal with the truth and I'm not sure this day and age you CAN get them to deal with the truth." He said they lacked the basketball I.Q. to be a team that could challenge a team like Kentucky. Donovan was chagrined over the fact Kentucky went to the free throw line 23 times to 5. The coach said - " I'm not saying that we didn't foul them but I think we should gotten to the free throw line more than five times."

Donovan said there is nobody in the country that can match up with Trey Lyles. "I wasn't happy with how we started the game," Calipari said. " I told them at halftime if that's how we are going to do this we are going to have some problems."
    Comments 1 Comment
      Darrell KSR -
      Thanks, Lonny!
  • KSR Twitter Feed