Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Dupree returned to Kentucky, improved NFL Draft Stock

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Dupree almost left UK after his junior season — and first year under Stoops — before returning for his senior season and elevating his draft stock.

“He really had in his mind that he wanted to come back. I would certainly present him the pros and the cons (of going to the NFL), and that's a tough position to be in sometimes as a head coach. And I would certainly give him my honest assessment, but I've seen that work against somebody before, too, when they've come back and gotten injured or things like that,” Stoops said.

“So it's a tough call, but certainly there's times when players, it's in their best interest to take off. Just look at our basketball players, and I've had them before in football.”

Stoops said Dupree is a “great person, great team player” who should bring “value” to any team, an assessment the Pittsburgh Steelers must embrace since they had four scouts/coaches watching Dupree Thursday.

“You need good people in the locker room and that are competitive and want to win. And he's a winner. He's a great guy, great leader, but he's extremely versatile,” Stoops said. “He's a guy that brings great value because for us, he could have played Sam (strongside linebacker), Mike (middle), Will (weakside) or Jack (end/outside hybrid). Or if we were in four down, he could have played either end. That's the truth, and he could play it at an All-SEC level.

“If you can play at the SEC and play at a high level at all those positions, I think there's definitely a good spot for you in the NFL. I think that's just seeing which team what's to go in on him as high as they do, but I'm sure he is not going to last long.”
  • KSR Twitter Feed